Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna Ultra LX2 nitro buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Ofna Ultra LX2 nitro buggy

Am thinking of purchasing a buggy for my grandson and would like a no holds barred description of the Ultra LX2 nitro buggy versus the Hyper 7 TQ, as to which is the better unit. Thanks.

Last edited by karolh; 10-30-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hyper7- tough, cheap and plentiful spares/hop ups, heavy (compared to more modern cars), virtually unchanged for years, the TQ has poor servos (TQ2 has better), 2 possible engines (Macstar.28 and Hyper.21) and I have owned a few of each...reliable with resonable performance and easy tuning.
It is not a race winner these days by any means but as a first race buggy or just for hacking around the feild it is the ideal choice in my mind....and I have and will always recommend it to anyone, old or new to the hobby.

UltraLx- sorry never had one but from what I have read it is a similar machine to the Hyper.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Ttowntoolman

Right now through months end the Hyper 7 is available for $269.99 thru Nitro House. That is as cheep as I have ever seen it..........

I dont know if NitroHouse ships to Jamaca though......man.

Last edited by Ttowntoolman; 10-30-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: another thought
Old 01-01-2014, 08:26 PM
xanaphyst
My Feedback: (17)

I have the ultra LX2 and I run it all the time. I treat it rough but it just keeps going. The force 28 engine makes good power and has been easy to tune. As with the Hyper 7 you need to change the servos right away with something else. The Ultra LX2 parts are dirt cheap
on ebay.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:11 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Just to keep you guys updated as I got the Ultra LX2 buggy and it's been a real hit with the boys. I replaced the el cheapo steering and throttle servos which lasted no time with some Solar A109's which are performing great, so far going through 2 gals of fuel and numerous bangs and crashes, one of which was so severe it broke the RH front knuckle and mounting bracket.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Anthoop

Thanks for the update, sounds like you are having fun.