Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Redcat Tsunami Pro buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Outta control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Tsunami Pro buggy

I don't see much written about this 2wd buggy. Viewing both this and the Arrma in person, the Redcat seems much better built for $20 less.
And Redcat's website has very little description. It comes with a 3s LIPO, aluminum shocks and an installed gyro with NO description of how it works, unlike the Traaxas and Losi AVC systems that have videos and 1000 word spiels describing it.

The only negative I've read was a weak steering servo that many less than $350 rtr cars are accused of having.

Does anyone out there have one?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:22 AM
krossracing

I have had them in the shop, and no complaints from customers. The only problem with them is that the cars were discontinued by RCR. There are still some out there, and RCR has plenty of parts in stock. You won't find a better 2wd for the price, and they definitely take a beating; even off road.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Outta control

Two weeks ago they were selling for $359. Now they are down in the $290s range. Looked one over real well in a local shop and the quality appeared much better than most. No slop at all in the front end and the components that look like they get the most stress are very thick. A mid-motor, slightly in front of the rear axle is different than most that have the motor mounted behind the rear axle. I wonder how this would compare with the Traaxas buggy, the Bandit. Bandit is 10 scale; the Tsumani is 8, but I think the actual sizes are pretty close.