Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Which 1/8 truck to buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Natural78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 1/8 truck to buy

Hi all

im trying to decide whether to buy a Kyosho Fo-xx or a Arrma Kraton
they both seem like great trucks but I do prefer the look of the FO-XX
im being told that the Kraton is the better made truck but really don't know?!
Im used to Tamiya models so straying into unknown territory
I would appreciate some advice

thanks Matt
Old 09-02-2017, 01:37 AM
Natural78

Let's try this another way, can anyone review either model so I can make a decision based on the reviews?!
ive seen a few reviews but nothing that sways my mind either way
Old 09-02-2017, 01:03 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Two completely different animals. Now if you were comparing the PSYCHO KRUISER VE and the KRATON BLX, I could see having a hard time choosing. Armma has had great success with Kraton. I have not kept up with the FO-XX other than when it first came out, and I'm sure it's still a beast. Look at all the reviews you can. There are loads of them. Look at them until your head hurts, then make a informed decision.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Natural78

Thanks and my head already hurts haha
ok il watch a few more, I am swaying towards the Kraton as all the reviews are great and seems like it's built really well.
i just love the look of the FO-XX.
i won't check out the other option as already punished myself enough I'll just stick to these two.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:00 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Hobbico is the parent company of ARRMA and they recently shut down the Durango brand due to financial instability... this raises concern for me with potential risk for other brands they support (i.e. ARRMA).. so between Kyosho and ARRMA... I would play it safe and go with Kyosho who has a better track record. If you really want to get the best money can buy then I would take a closer look at the Tekno MT410:
Tekno MT410 - R/C Tech Forums
Old 09-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Natural78

Thanks for the advice i wilI will take a look even though I really don't want to punish myself anymore.
The Kraton looks amazing though so I was swaying towards it and I can make it look meaner ( as really like the FO-XX body and wheels)
Maybe you have sorted my dilemma for me though so I'll check it out now .
Old 09-06-2017, 01:26 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi natural78 , imo you should look into a kyosho mp9 t tki3 ,tki4 , mugen mbx7 t tekno nb48t eb48t losi eight 3.0 trucks team associated rc 8.2 , rc8.3 trucks , these are great for bashing and racing truggies
abd buggies nitro or electric and hold up the very well , see the manufactures put their truggies and buggies thru their paces on youtube, good luck with your choice ok mugey
Old 09-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Natural78

Thanks mugey I'll take a look, so many good options out there and very surprised at what you can put the through