Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Capablanca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Buggy

Hi Guys,

I want ot get into 1/8 scale buggy but my LHS is only carrying
Kyosho.

Inferno MP 7.5 and Kanai Edition is to expensive for. I will not go racing,
will just go bashing.

I'm thinking of buying the Inferno MP 7.5 Sports or the
Inferno MP 7.5 Sports RTR.

I want to get your opinion as to which one is better and why?

Thanks,
Old 11-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Kyosho Buggy

there is no sports and sports rtr, just a sports rtr.

3 buggies levels, 7.5, 7.5 kanai, 7.5 sports rtr.

keep in mind also, that buggies share alot of parts. so getting one buggy, and using a kyosho part for it is not unheard of. the inferno, mugen mbx5, and thunder tiger eb-4 s2 all share about 90% of the same parts. just something to think of
Old 11-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Capablanca

Hi,

But my LHS is seeling two types of Inferno Sports.....please visit
the site below, that's exactly what they are selling........

http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyoc0590.html
http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyod66.html

So, I want to know which of these two is better and why (base on experience)?

This is great!.....I thought I can only use Kyosho buggy parts for replacement and upgrades.........

Thanks,.......
Old 11-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Nitroaddict

wow - i learned something today. cool. i didnt know about the regular sports. originally, before that came out - the rtr sports was a good buggy but had the problem of not being compatible with alot of the kanai parts - plus the plastic spur gear sucked! i would look into the other non rtr version, and see if it can be hopped up like the ad says. if thats true - go with that one. it will be a lil more, since it doesnt look like it includes a radio, and i hope u have to build it. i wouldnt recommend the rtr sports, if u have another option
Old 11-10-2003, 12:59 PM
bigjdubb

The Sports RTR and Sports 80% are essentially the same. I would go ahead and get the RTR and look into getting a steel spur gear. The one really crappy thing about the RTR is that the engine doesnt have a mount, it bolts directly to the chassis. I wouldnt worry about Kanai parts not fitting on the RTR, buy the Fioroni stuff instead. The engine in the RTR has tons of punch with a 48 tooth spur and 13 tooth clutch bell, almost to much. If all you plan to do is bash with it, why not buy a lesser expensive Ofna buggy? Ofna parts are much cheaper than Kyosho and I think they are a bit tougher.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Capablanca

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips.........I agree that Kyosho are a bit expensive for bashing but my LHS does not carry any other brand than Kyosho, they don't have OFNA. My LHS told me that they can get the OFNA Hyper 7 or the Muger MBX5 but my concern is the spare parts (difficult to get).
Old 11-10-2003, 08:13 PM
ShOzz

not if you get them online, http://nitrohouse.com has about everything you could want that ofna makes.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Capablanca

Hi,

Thanks for the website,but I don't live in US,......I'm in Singapore.
Do they ship international and is it safe? can i trust they with my
credit car no.?

Thanks,........
Old 11-10-2003, 09:08 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

well wait you said you want to just bash right? well if you want to bash why not just get a monster truck or if you still want to get a buggy ofna has one for 350 and like the one guy said at the top they all basically share the same parts. these are my opinions and its all up to you to decide now. hope i helped.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Nitroaddict

stick with the kyosho - it is just as good, if not better than the ofna - and u have it right there locally. btw - ive been to singapore several times. where are u? always stayed in the clarks quay area. great place, love it more every time i go
Old 11-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Capablanca

Hi Nitroaddict,

I'm in Bedok area. I know Clarks Quay, it's a great place. You should also try Boat Quay. I know a lot of "HOT" places in SGP, I can bring you to one of them next time you visit SGP ;o)

Okay, back to R/C. I kinda like the OFNA 9.5 and the Ultra MBX Pro.
Is it safe to order/buy in the net? is it guaranteed? can you refer any reputable and honest hobby shop.....

Thanks,.......
Old 11-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Nitroaddict

cap - yeah boats quay is great too. the 9.5 is a good buggy, but no better than the kyosho. remember - as far as buggies go, the kyosho is god. u have it right there, go with it. u cant go wrong. if u are dead set on getting something else, such as the ofna - stick with www.towerhobbies.com - they are very reasonable in price, ship internationally, and have been around FOREVER - so the are very reputible.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:05 AM
bigjdubb

I would stay with Kyosho if that is all they have. Even though it is safe to buy online you still should stick with what is available at your LHS. It really sucks to buy and pay for shipping on a $5 part that you broke and the LHS doesnt have.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Capablanca

Hi Guys,

I bought the Kyosho Inferno Sports RTR yesterday morning. I finished
breaking-in the engine before lunch and started RIPPING the soccer field in the afternoon. This buggy is DAMN fast, powerful and very durable!, it's a real killer!

The buggy is far more stable than MT, handling is great. I have run and bash a Savage before and I can tell you honetly and base on my experience that buggies are far more superior that MT.

The engine is very easy to start and to tune. I've read in one of the article that there having small problem starting the engine, maybe this is because of the weather (cold). Personally, I have not experience any difficulties with this engine, it's fast and powerful.

The plastic spur gear seems okay, but I will replace it will aluminun just to be sure. The engine being bolted direct to the chasis is okay, I don't see any issue on that.

I don't care what MT guys say but to me, buggies are the EXTREME of RC cars. If any of you thinking of getting a buggy or the Inferno Sports RTR, GO AHEAD, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Two Thumbs Up for the Buggy!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Nitroaddict

cap - its always great to see someone here ask intelligent questions, get a variety of answers, and then purchase a product based on the info they have gathered. that is exactly how this site is supposed to work! congrats on the new buggy, now lets see some pics of that bad boy!!! lol.

btw - on a side note, the replacement gear u want is made of steel not aluminium.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:21 AM
ShOzz

good choice, i gotta agree that seeing your LHS has that and parts you will be happy, hell sounds like you already are!!

have fun
Old 11-12-2003, 11:18 AM
bigjdubb

You will eventually need to replace the plastic spur gear. The only real problem I have with the engine bolting directly to the chassis is that anytime you need to remove the engine you have to reset the gear mesh, with mounts you just bolt the engine back onto the mount. You will need to remove the engine on a regular basis also. The first time you remove your clutchbell you may be surprised to find aluminum clutch shoes. I was a bit shocked when I seen them on my brothers inferno. Personally I dont care for them because you have to routinely take off the clutch bell and debur them, with no mounts this becomes a pain.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:07 PM
petrolpixie

i have this buggy and have put it thru hell. the only things that i reccomend you do is change the shocks. the reason i say this is because the stock shock shafts are weak and bend easily. all i have done so far is changed the shafts to the kanaii ones and have had no problems so far. the plastic spur will last a fair while but you might as well buy a steel spur so that you have one spare when it does strip. from my experience the buggy is very under geared. the 13 tooth clutch bell is too small in my opinion. you can upgrade this to a 16 tooth with out any loss of bottom end power. what % nitro are you running?
you can run 30% nitro in this engine no probs and the extra power will be more then welcome i am sure, just make sure that the oil is mainly castor.
i hope i have given you some helpful hints on how to get the most out of this buggy, i always have heaps of fun with mine and i have never regreted buying it.
if you have any questions feel free to ask away and i will answer what i can.
regards, adrian
Old 11-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Capablanca

Hi All,

Yes, I'm planning to replace the plastic spur gear with steel spur gear.

bigjdubb has a point, now I realized that you need to set the mesh everytime you clean the engine (additional maintenance time).

I'm using 20% Sidewinder nitro fuel by MORGAN and it runs fine. I will upgrade the clutch bell gear when I got tired of the current one.

Thanks for all your inputs. nitroaddict is right, this site is very helpful in getting informations before buying a certain product.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
MiCkLe207

[:@]Arghhh[:@]
I think this toopic makes me feel stupid now, since I bought the Ofna Hyper7 pbs from the states (ship it in) and the fact that I live in Bangkok, Thailand where the popular buggies are the kyosho and the sacker... This means that there arent OFNA spare parts!!! (well, I think they'll be hard to find).
Do you think I will regret this purchase? Grrrrrrrrrr....

Btw... hows the Sacker? I heard good things about it from people in this area.
And... My Hyper7 pbs was broken in with Blue Thunder 20% and right now the only available fuel is Bryons 16%-25%. Will it be ok if I used the 25% (will I need shimmings?)
Old 11-13-2003, 10:14 AM
MiCkLe207

Forgot to mention... which parts break most often? Maybe I could just buy them as spare before they break!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:19 AM
bigjdubb

You shouldnt need any shims with the Hyper 21 to run 25%.

petrolpixie, the gearing depends on what you do with the buggy. The larger spur combined the a 13 tooth clutch bell gives it the punch that I feel it didnt have with the stock gearing. I don't think that a 16 tooth bell would do very well on the track at all, unless it was a huge slippery track.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:24 AM
nitrotrucker

Hi, I have just bought a 2nd Hand Kyosho Sandmaster Stadium Truck.
I have already had the problem of stripping the Spur Gear.

Can I buy a Steel Spur Gear to suit it (Part No SM-15)?
If so, where?
The Spur Gear incorporates a Drum Brake on the side.

Also, can anyone send me some tips on Maintenance as I'm new at this?

Thanks,
Old 11-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Nitroaddict

ORIGINAL: Capablanca

bigjdubb has a point, now I realized that you need to set the mesh everytime you clean the engine (additional maintenance time).
i have seen this comment several times now - and dont really get it. Setting the mesh takes about 1 second. in case you dont already know how to do this, take a strip of notebook paper and slide it between the pinion gear and spur gear. tighten down the engine bolts fully. remove the paper, and ur gear mesh is automatically set perfect.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:42 PM
petrolpixie

petrolpixie, the gearing depends on what you do with the buggy. The larger spur combined the a 13 tooth clutch bell gives it the punch that I feel it didnt have with the stock gearing. I don't think that a 16 tooth bell would do very well on the track at all, unless it was a huge slippery track.
i felt that the 13 tooth was too small and robbed the buggy of alot of top end. i put the 16 tooth on and still had enough bottom end to keep me happy. everyone to their own tho.
i am only bashing on a bmx track with my buggy so the 16 tooth served the right purpose for me.
sorry if i didnt explain my self fully.
anyway capablanca, hope you are having as much fun with ur buggy as i am!!!! [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.