Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

First "Real" Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 12:12 AM
liverdmage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First "Real" Nitro

I have a couple of questions about the 1/8th scale nitro buggies. After reading religiously on this site I think I have decided my next rc project is going to be an 1/8th scale nitro buggy. I have run electrics for a few years and I am basically bored with them.

The questions I have in no particular order are:
1. Obviously any suggestions on my first 1/8th scale buggy with logical reasoning.
2. What are the avg speeds of some of your suggestions. I know speed isn't everything, just trying to get an idea of the big difference between the electrics.
3. What kind of maintenance on a daily basis in order to get the most out of the hobby. I have read way too many threads about the heartache of the Traxxas 2.5 and keeping it tuned. I do not want to run into the same issue, which is why I will not purchase a Traxxas product.
4. Any good reading material (other than this site of course) to help ease the transition into nitro.

Bottom line is I would like to get a nice buggy that I can bash, and hopefully then race, with a descent learning curve so I do not spend a ton of money and blow the engine in two days....

Thanks is advance and sorry for the long post.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:42 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First "Real" Nitro

1/8 scale buggies do around 40+, depending on what engine you have and gearing. I do less maitnence on my nitros then my freinds do on thier electrics.