Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OFNA 9.5

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:33 AM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA 9.5

These are pics of an OFNA 9.5 RTR -

Engine is a Force .25 - the purple cover that says Hyper 21 is just a protector from keeping the head getting scratched up. This has a 14t clutch bell.

1st impressions - some areas OFNA could have done better. The chassis braces are plastic so I ordered aluminum chassis braces. The black wheels are the ones I originally dyed for my Hyper 7 which has been sold.

The engine is very tight and hard to start. Been using a heat gun to heat up the case to make it easier to start. Also was surprised about the carburetor having 2 needles. Was expecting a middle needle not just a high and low needle.

As for power - this thing is extremely fast. I have a small back yard and so far that is only place it has been ran. The acceleration from this thing is extremely quick. When the tires are on lose areas, especially the front, they balloon up big time.

I also ordered the HPI roto start for this - It says it works with the Force 25 with no mods.

The pipe in the pics is the OFNA 086 pipe. I have not used the stock pipe. Figure might post it on Ebay or just save it as a spare.

If I can find someone to work a camera while I drive i will get some video. But until I have me a camera person. No videos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46375.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	76874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29988.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	76875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68066.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	76876  
Old 11-23-2003, 10:36 AM
studysession

Default RE: OFNA 9.5

Here are some pics with the stock body. I went to LHS and placed a crowd pleaser body on top - It looks like it fits perfectly. So I might be getting me a new shell to paint for it.

I hate the yellow wing. So I might dye it black not anytime to soon though. Wish the Hyper 7 wings match up since I have a black one already.

Pretty much any 9.5 is the same (9.5 RTR - 9.5 Violator - MBX - MBX Pro - 9.5 Pro) Post your experiences and opinions on this thing. Also if you have done any mods to yours I would like to see pics.

I was measuring out air plane gas tanks myself. Trying to see if I can fit one. They have the weight thing so if you flip it stays running - also they are MUCH bigger in size. If I find something that I can fit I will post pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10188.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	76877   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44493.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	76878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88361.jpg
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	76879  
Old 11-23-2003, 06:22 PM
MrSavage

looks pretty nice there. hey study, why'd you get rid of your pbs? i have decided to go with te hyper 7 pcr! i don't kno if i'll order it soon or get it for christmas though so i don't have to spen money...
Old 11-23-2003, 06:28 PM
studysession

The 9.5 is for my kids but for now I am going to run at the track as well.

I am getting rid of everything RC I have. Only once EVERYTHING is gone other than this 9.5 and my wife's TMaxx will I get me something new but not before.

Before Christmas there is a Hyper 7 PCR Pro coming out. I am curious what the price will be - But I will wait till like next summer to get one. One of my Hyper 7 PBS's the guy might be backing out. So I might have to find someone else to buy it. We will see.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:32 PM
studysession

In those pics you can not tell - But my back yard is mostly mud from all the rain. The pictures are after i cleaned up the buggy. But I even sprayed mud on the sides of house/doors/windows rip it through the yard and all. Wife was not happy.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:29 PM
MrSavage

seeing as i am most likely getting a buggy, can you recomend me on some good tires that will have good grip and last a while? oh and do you tihnk i should put tape around the foam of the tire like mentioned in another forum?
Old 11-23-2003, 08:42 PM
studysession

As for the tape idea - I personally would never do the tape thing myself. I race with sponsored drivers - they don't use tape either. We actually like seeing it balloon up. Won't hurt the car. Just at some point may cause it to come un glued to the rim - but is very unlikely to happen often.

I keep many sets of tires on hand. Tires are not always cheap - For a set of 2 you can spend 15 - 30 dollars with or without the rim in the same price range. On Ebay I prefer to get the ones that have NOT been glued to the rim yet, But I look for sets of 4 with foams and rims and bid like 20 - 22 for the whole set.

The set shown on car in picture were for tires, foams and rims - auction ended they cost me 18 + 6 for shipping. Then I dyed the rims black along with a wing to my Hyper 7 PBS and then glued them to the rim after the dye job. A lot of auctions for set of 4 of the same tires can go over 40 american dollars. i won't pay more than 20 22 - If it goes higher, go bid on another set until you win.

As for tread - It all depends on where you are running and kind of surface, then it is all down to preference. I like the X= and a few others. This is first time running the tires shown in pics above. They handled the mud today pretty well. I had mud flying everywhere. They also ballooned up when surface was lose. Looks very cool when it balloons up -

Hope that helps - Cheers mate!
Old 11-23-2003, 08:50 PM
MrSavage

alright thanks man, you seem like a good guy. so how you likin your dominator? has your wife made you sell it yet? lol
Old 11-23-2003, 09:38 PM
MrSavage

does anybody know what radio the hyper 7 pcr comes with, it doesn't say onn ofna's site?
Old 11-23-2003, 10:33 PM
dagass

It's either going to be the Airtronics Blazer or the entry level 2 channel Futaba.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:39 AM
studysession

The radio that comes with the 9.5 RTR - SUCKS!

I will be using my Futaba instead. It is an Airtronics - Keep having glitches with fresh batteries and sitting right next to the buggy. AAUUGGHH!!!