Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna PBS/PCR Diff ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Krink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna PBS/PCR Diff ?

I just received my first 1/8 scale buggy. Its a PBS with the PCR conversion. I want to change the diff oils and after doing some reading i think I'm going to run 5K-7K-1K unless you tell me otherwise. I have the front end off but not apart yet. I took out the center and have taken it apart it is a 6 pinion center. My question is how do you keep the oil in the diff with all the screw holes in it. I know the diff oil is thick but do you use any tricks? I was thinking of getting some extra screws and just start them from the other side then take them out as you start the screw from the right side. What about locktite i don't see how you could use any. How much oil do you put in the diffs?
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:22 AM
dagass

Default RE: Ofna PBS/PCR Diff ?

You are dead on with how to keep the fluid in. Once the diff is apart, screw in all the screws into the backside of the diff. Fill the diff about 2/3 full and put the spur on. Pull one screw at a time and plug that hole with your finger. Screw it in and repeat the process. One word of caution is that you DON"T want to sink any other screws in the bottom of the diff. That particular screw is special to say the least. It's a 2.6mm X 21.5mm screw and they are not available anywhere. Ofna doesn't even have them. If you put another type of screw in that hole, you will screw up the threads. Just a word of caution.

As for the 5K, 7K, 1K, that will be ok for bashing or on a open track. For something short and tight, you may want to go 3K, 3K, 1K or 3K, 5K, 1K. Good luck!
Old 11-27-2003, 06:54 PM
studysession

Welcome to the 1/8 scale buggy world - Keep us updated with how you like your new buggy.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Krink

What about a front anti-roll bar. Do I need one? I see the guys with the MBX5's running them.
If so who has them for sale and do they come in diffrent sizes(dia.) ?
Thanks
Old 11-29-2003, 04:49 PM
studysession

You do not have to have 1. You get them on ebay for cheap. Any hop-up you want. Just do a search for "hyper 7" on ebay and you will see loads.

I ran with them and you do see a difference in better handling in the corners. On my 9.5 I have front and rear. I think it helps. But you do not have to use them if you like it how it is.