Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Model Mania

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bearings?

What would be the best after market bearings for my MP7.5?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Nitroaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bearings?

The bearings from the kit are some of the best out there. However, should you want something different, acer bearings are some of the best in the world. Hot girls in the ads too, lol. www.acerracing.com or www.acer-racing.com cant remember which is the right addy.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:59 AM
k-carboy

i just got a set of acer bearings. they are definately worth the money. with some extra care in setting up the gear mesh at the ring and pinions and making sure the brake pads were set just right, the thing rolls oh so smooth and everyone around here is very impressed. my second choice would be the team blue star bearings. they hold up really well but dont have the free rolling like the acers.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Model Mania

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys
Old 01-27-2004, 08:07 AM
nb

Are you talking about the acer CERAMIC bearings, or one of the lower end sealed units?

I was wondering (Mr. RC Moderator) if you know anything about replacing the servo saver bronze bushings w/ bearings.

I'm in the preconstruction phase w/ an MP7.5 kit and was taking a look at the bearings in the kit. I've read where the servo saver bushings are upgraded to bearings in the higher-end kits (Kanai II? - IIRC) and I'm contemplating an all-out bearing upgrade before building the kit (but the $120 or so from Acer is a little daunting at this point - but this hobby is very much "in for a penny in for a pound" isn't it?).

Does replacing the servo saver bearings make any kind of practical sense (as if ANYthing in this hobby does if you're not racing, and I don't - yet).

Thanks.

-Norm
Old 01-27-2004, 08:36 AM
Nitroaddict

nb - i do not own an MP7.5 so I cannot say for sure the quality of the stock bearings, however, from what I have been told, they are pretty good. I would not replace the bearings in the kit until they begin to wear.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:12 PM
king88uy7

Approximately how many gallons do bearings (wheel, diff, clutch) last when racing a buggy ?
I know you can't say exactly, just looking for a ballpark.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:21 PM
fhm101

I have never figured in gallons, but I've got 8th buggy driveline bearings on their 4th car and still in good shape. As for clutch bearings, the way you set up your clutch and the gear mesh you like will have a lot to do with how long they last you. To give you an idea, I keep a few extra driveline bearings on hand, but i buy clutch bearings in tubes of 10.