Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Bought myself an eb-4

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 09:35 PM
terrible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought myself an eb-4

Finally! I bought a new buggy, well new for me that is. I've had a mirage pro for 7-8 years and it's done. She finally lost compression and just wont run anymore. Best buggy I ever owned.

Today I bought a used/new eb4 off of ebay. The fella that owned it never even ran it. He assembled the chassis and what not but didn't even glue the tires on the wheels and cut or paint the body. I was in the process of buying one from quantummodels.com but I was told that it would be 4-5 days BEFORE they would even ship it. When I came home at lunch I just happend to look and find the one on ebay for 225 BIN w/a brand new os rg.

I'm sooo happy I could pee myself. It should be here in about a week and a half (usps from Washington state to Westvirginia )

Just wanted to share my thought and happiness. Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Bought myself an eb-4

You have yourself a great buggy. about the only weak thing on the car is the stock front knuckles if you have the regular version.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:59 PM
terrible

Yeah she's all stock. Where do you suggest I look for the ergal stuff to replace them?
Old 02-23-2004, 11:04 PM
terrible

duh double post
Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 AM
eb4 s2

ive got one too they are fast arent they 60 mph mine goes but it keeps overheating you had any problems
Old 02-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Nitroaddict

terrible - the only needed hop up is the ergal knuckles - all the other stuff is mostly eye candy. don't wasete your money, just get the knuckles. The best place I have found them at is www.autohausrc.com
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM
RobH

Congrats on the buggy purchase. I've heard good things about the EB4 both locally and from NitroAddict.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:45 PM
terrible

What about the upper front hinge pin mounts? I thought I heard they are easy to break? I want the buggy to be reliable. Nothing ruins a day of backyard fun like a broken 12 dollar part.

Also how many inch/ounces should I look for in a servo? I did have a futaba s304 in my mirage but It is MIA somwhere. I found a few hitecs but I don't have much expierence with them.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:04 PM
SlingItX

Definitely get the Ergal hinge pin mounts. The knuckles are also a good suggestion.

As for steering servo, get something with 100+ ounces and you should be all right. I run the HiTec 945MG, but have run the 645MG in the past, no complaints on either and they're easy on the wallet compared to some other brands. A 625MG should work well for your throttle/brake servo or another brand equivalent.

-SlingItX
Old 02-24-2004, 01:14 PM
terrible

.24 second transit time is a bit slow for me. I'd rather have around .16-.20 max. But those are a good deal.

Where else can I get ergal parts other than autohausrc?
Old 02-24-2004, 01:24 PM
SlingItX

The 945MG would be the way to go then:
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.16sec/60 degrees at no load
Operating Speed (6.0V): 0.12sec/60 degrees at no load

Are you still running 4.8v receiver pack? Maybe consider upgrading to a 6.0v pack.

Try [link=http://www.ehobbies.com]eHobbies[/link] for more Ergal parts. They do have quite a few in stock.

-SlingItX
Old 02-24-2004, 01:27 PM
terrible

Well I'm going to build my own pack as soon as I get the car. I'm going with as big as I can fit and whateverthe rec. will handle[>:]
Old 02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Nitroaddict

Good call - I forgot the older EB4 didnt have the ergal hinge pin holders. THOSE ARE MANDITORY
Old 03-09-2004, 09:26 PM
terrible

Holding up well so far. Bought the upper pin mounts form rc boyz. Along with a new fuel tank, shock boots, and some tie rod ends. I went with a futaba s3010 for steering right now and the standard 3003 for throttle/ brake. I'm thinking about ordering a better steering servo and delegating the 3010 to t/b soon.

My only problem so far is the clutch seems to be slipping alot. Taking a while to "grab" completely. I noticed today after running on my new track that the bell was already blueing after 10-12 minutes of running. (this is after several gentle tanks on the street with some bald tires to break everything in).

I tried taking off the bell and roughing it and the shoes up some but I think the low cut grass is a bit much for the stock clutch. Time to upgrade or break out the weed-eater and buzz some grass!
Old 03-09-2004, 10:11 PM
SlingItX

terrible-

Based on personal observation, slow speeds in the grass is a bit rough on the tranny. Change out the clutch and keep it in the dirt, you should be just fine. Mugen makes a decent setup and I've also run OFNA without problems.

-SlingItX