Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

GS Storm "Break" in

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:28 PM
muad dib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Storm "Break" in

I woke this morning on my day off to see a big brown box hiding on my porch. I wondered, "could that be," and in fact it was my new GS Racing Storm. I finished the obligatory pre run inspection and began the break in process. She started right up in on or two yanks of the pull starter. Yada, Yada, Yada, I am about finished with the last tank before I can tune for performance and I smash the car into a concrete border that outlines the yard. I must have hit it just right becasue I was not traveling at a high rate of speed, but I managed to snap the front of an a-arm. I think that was the last step in the break in procedure, yes number 4. Break front a-arm. So now that I have broken it in properly, I'll have to repair it properly as well.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: GS Storm "Break" in

Unlucky
That bring a hole new meening to the phrase BRAKING IT IN
Old 03-29-2004, 03:16 PM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry to hear about that accident..But man I wish I knew how you were able to turn the engine over with only a couple pulls. I just bought an ofna 9.5 rtr, and I tried for a good 45 mins with no luck in getting it started. I had the needles set correct, primed it, loosend the glo plug a little, fully charged ignitor and still no luck, thats when I got fed up and took it to the local LHS, it should be ready by tomorow of wed..
Old 03-29-2004, 03:28 PM
muad dib

I know how you feel, when I finished building a Savage SS, my first venture back into this hobby in like 15 yrs. I couldn't get the dern thing started. I broke a sweat several times trying like a madman to get it started until I got the roto start and it was still giving me problems, I later found out that the linkages are not setup up properly. I was overjoyed when the storm fired right up. I was then brought back down to earth when I broke the a-arm. Oh well. I have had more fun in the few minutes with this buggy than that lumbering Savage. I don't understand the appeal to mt's so much anymore when you can get a buggy that's just as tough or tougher than most MT's and turn it into a truggy/MT that out performs a million dollar maxx or savage. I just got done building a jt hybrid(well almost done) I wish I had never started that one. With all of that money I could have bought 2 buggies and converted one and still have money to get a decent radio setup. Well you live and you learn I guess.

Good luck with your new ride

Excuse the rant, just a bit bitter after enlightenment
Old 03-29-2004, 04:31 PM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

The linkages seem to be set up correctly as far as I could see..The only thing that was not in my favor was the outside air temp, it was about 45F. But I even heated the head with a hairdryer LOL..The rotostart is pretty good I have one on my onroad rc. Today I heated the head also on that and it started within one second with the rotostart, I didnt really think that heating trick worked but it does. Hopefully the weather will start warming up within the next 4 weeks, I cant wait.