Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Cleaning!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 04:18 AM
Ben_weinberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning!

HI Guys

Intersted to hear how u are all cleaning your parts!! EVERY SINGLE BIT! i got some spray called kontakt 40 from LHS and it seems good for cleaning but i am not sure on what i can and cant spray it on!

Also how do i clean the inside of my head? I have used a Paint bursh but with out the spray its still well dirty inside! Can i use the spray?

Lets have all cleaning tips please!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:47 AM
rc cars 4life

Default RE: Cleaning!

i use a air compressor and an old wet tooth brush for all the crevices
Old 04-05-2004, 06:43 AM
BigBuzPCR

yes ben... i have ran my car, and raced it yesterday... then cleaned it... then took some pics for you guys. All it takes is a lil time. I remove the engine, the gas tank, and the front and rear modules from the main chassis. I use a pretty large paint brush to get all the loose stuff off of all the pieces, i then spray the chassis and engine with a few shots of Trinity's Nitro Blast, then take a damp rag to it to remove all of the alchohol. I re-locktite everything, and re-assemble the car.... except for the tires and the engine. I remover the cluth bell... and remove the bearings. I blast them with some WD-40, and then re- lube them with trinity bearing oil... (just a little) then put them back on the engine. Blast the inside of the engine head around the glow plug before removing it with the nitro blast, and then remove the glow plug and throw a few drops of Trinity's Final Solution in the hole.... and then turn the engine over a few times, then put the plug back in. I then put the engine back in the car with lock- tited screws. I then put a few drops of bearing lube in the front and rear hub bearings. Bring your tires and wheels to the sink.... and soak each one down with some simple green. (make sure you used a brush to get all of the extra mud off before) Then just rinse them, off and let them dry. Then slap them back on your buggy and whallah! This will extend the life of your car, and keep it performing well. Hope this helps ya man.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Ben_weinberg

i took my radio gear off and servo tray and the engine last night and i hosed down the rest of the buggy with a hose then i dried it with a hair dryer and sparyed the whole car with KONTACKT 40- the car is now cleaner than i have ever had it before!
Old 04-07-2004, 06:27 AM
BigBuzPCR

just watch your screws ben, they may rust if they are not titanium or stainless steel.