Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho inferno 7.5

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 10:32 PM
bonziekj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho inferno 7.5

Hi I,m new to 1/8 scale just purchased a inferno 7.5. What I want to know is what type of motor to put in.I'm looking for speed with good reliability and easy to tune. Thank you
Old 04-09-2004, 12:55 AM
bill61

Default RE: Kyosho inferno 7.5

How much money are you willing to spend.
I would suggest that you spend the money for a quality engine like a Novarossi P5, RB WS7 II, or Sirio Kanai. These engines will run from $260 to $300, but they are all very highly recommended. The RB WS7 II is used by a lot of racers and can be purchased for $299. The Sirio is the new one on the block and it can be bought for $280 including shipping.
I just bought a Novarossi Top P5 for $263 including shipping, I will be breaking it in this weekend. It is supposed to be a real nice engine. I got it from AffordableNitroTech.com, just e-mail Dan and ask him if he still has any.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:56 AM
bonziekj

Looking to spend $300 or so I have read a lot about the C5.. it sounds like a good motor.. Looking for a fast reliable motor that can be pounded on for a long time.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:00 AM
bill61

People seem to be very happy with the C5, just check out some of the reveiws an this page

http://acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/ca...oducts_id=2874

From what I have heard, any RB that you get can be pounded for a long time. I will be going to RCX this month and if I can find a deal on an RB WS7 II I will get one. Actually I'm also looking at the Sirio Kanai engine, but the RB is my first choice.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:21 PM
fourboltmain

If this is your first nitro experience you may want an OS, as they are relatively forgiving to less than perfect tunes. If you are convinced that you have to have the nastiest thing out there, then I would suggest a P5 or a WS-7II. The RB WS-7II can be a real pain to tune, but when it's on, i takes very little adjustment to keep it going strong. I would advise you to stay away from the RB C5 unless you want to spend a lot of time doing donuts in the corners, it is on the brink of being too much. It is much more suited to experienced racers who can tune a clutch set-up and chassis to optimize the car.The novarossi P5 is also very strong, and can hold it's own. Just remember, 1/8 nitro is a control game, and often speed isn't the answer.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:25 PM
bonziekj

Thanks for the help found a OS .21 VZ-B at Tower Hobbies for $249 when you use search for stock# VC1039 and then refere to ad # 01021. Then use code 011JY for $20 off any purchase over $198.00. Many local hobby shops have recommended this motor. Great speed and long life, Is this a good price and worth the money.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:27 PM
fourboltmain

I think it's a good deal, but that decision is yours, ultimately.