Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

GS Storms ROCK!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Running_On_E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Storms ROCK!

In recent posts, I have realy ragged on GS Storms about the durability and the RTR package deal, but now i think i need to apoligize. I finaly got mine dialed in and what a race it was, nothing on the track could hang with me.. out of 10 buggies, all pros.. i finished 2nd, by 4 seconds!! (Note: this is the second time ive raced 1/8 scale buggies!!!) and thats because i had to double stop for fuel. ( Anyone have an idea on a larger fuel tank?) So for all those out there who defended the GS Storm RTR when i keep trashing it, I must admit, Ya'll were RIGht,
Old 04-26-2004, 01:45 PM
mattyk6

Default RE: GS Storms ROCK!

How long you running on a tank of fuel? I can usually run 8-9 minutes on a tank w/ the stock motor.

Matt
Old 04-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Running_On_E

4 minutes,, FULL TROTTLE!!!!, Like i said i was doggin everyone,, it was handling soo nice~! 7 laps, I have to pit in the 5 minute qualifier while still qualified 2nd
Old 04-26-2004, 03:39 PM
buggycrazy

Well I think its "OK" I didnt have a good experience with it. I like OFNA or Mugen the best. But hey thats just me!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Po Kid

This thing is tough as nails and It seemed to hang with the other vehicles (it smoked MTs, burned STs pretty bad and had no problem keeping up with other buggies) at the track! I love it! You might try to lean it out but if you are doing alot of WOT then rich is better for the extended high RPMs.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:09 PM
maxmod

that is cool.
the first time i had my storm i broke a few things and i hated it but once you get uste to it and become better in controle ans stuff it rules. the motor is good to myne has lasted 30L.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:24 PM
earthspeedandfire

these are great buggies i have taken mine off some pretty gnarly stuff and landed pretty bad and it still keeps going the only bad thing that i can say about it (with the utmost respect) is that GS shouldve put a stronger steering servo on it. This buggy woul handle much better if it could actually move its wheel while at a stand still much less hold them at 35mph doing a hard turn
Old 04-27-2004, 01:27 AM
maxmod

that is the problem with all rtr kits so it sought of cancels that out because on all of them it is a problem i think the main problem is the lower arm mounts the should be replaced with the pro one from the factory.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Running_On_E

Well i honeslty havent seen the need to replace the steering servo, ( i run a trinity hump pack with the steering set to 120 ) and i have no problems in the turns, in all honestly thats were i get most of my speed at, thru the turns. but what ive found out is that most people like to slow down alot and take realy sharp slow turns on the inside of the track.. why not just cut the turn wide and use the berm ( the whole berm.. ) full throttle and wip around it like a sling shot. if you do it right, you will be able to pass anyone on the turn, well except me.. but even in the turns with out berms im having no problems with the stock servo, i just im just strange, but what ever floats your boat.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:51 PM
mattyk6

You might still have it running rich. You should get more than 4-5 minutes on a tank. What temps are you running at? How is the smoke trail?

matt
Old 04-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Running_On_E

Run at 245-250, im gettin 4 minutes of run time,, Im just pushing it hard. But i know im running rich, so i will try and lean it out, but since i keep the engine Spooled up, soo much, i dont think im goin to be able to lean it out without cooking it or changing my driving style. The engine isnt gettin much idol time, in the 4 minutes time im probable at full throttle 3 minutes if not more.