Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Wilko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 Sport

Hello All

Ive just bought myself a hyper 7 sport. Cant wait for it to arrive. Can i see the pictures of hyper 7 Sports (has to be sport or upgraded from the sport edition) that you own? I'm curious to see what it truly looks like, the websites seem very vague.

Also when was the model released? Is it a new design?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Default RE: Hyper 7 Sport

[link=http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/hob_hyp7sport.htm]Hyper 7 Sport[/link]

OK personally I wouldn't touch the sport, it's just false economy.single front brake disk, dogbones all round, 4 port engine, NO CHASSIS BRACES, no radio gear, Pull-start (but that does help in the beginning), no fuel guard, no secondary fuel filter, standard diffs all through and you have to build and lube the shocks, glue on the tyres and guess what the manual is geting at. I do mean guess. Really the PBS is cheaper when you weigh up you needs, even for bashing your gonna have to spend another 250 quid. But to give you an idea of what you can achive for that cash....

#

An old pic of my RTR (Pre Sport)
Old 07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

grahama what steering servo is that? Bright red orange!!
Old 07-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Wilko

Yeah, fair enough its a basic model of the hyper 7. But i already have the electrical gear from my old mardave which should save me alot of money. Also the fact that i have to upgrade it and assemble it gives me something to do over the summer.

If you could tell me what you think is important for me to upgrade first it would be a help, i haven't got much of a budget but i hope over the weeks i can slowly evolve it into a beasty buggy.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:51 AM
Da Smak
Banned

It's a multiplex profi speed digi servo, which I wouldn't recommend for the steering anymore. I now run a KO Propo 2174 in there.

Essential upgrades are:
Front and rear chassis braces.
Front brake disk (or the quad conversion).
High torque metal geared steering servo (Hi-tec 645 minimum but still that aint that good).
Fuel guard (to keep the disks clean).
Ball link brake linkage set.
Hexheads screw set. (not really essential but mot than recommended)

Recommended Hop-ups:
CNC Knuckles.
One peice pipe.
8 port race/pro engine.
Starter box.
White/blue/purple springs.
Stronger Brake/throttle servo.
New style CNC shock towers (Stock on the Pro UK).
New style Gearboxes.

Tips to make thing last longer:
Boil your wing, front and rear bumper for about 15 minutes to soften the plastic and help prevent it cracking if you tumble. (That goes for any buggy).
On the steering posts there is a spring and Nut. Wind this nut right down to the chassis to releive tension on the servo saver allowing it to slip earlier and not kill your servos so readily.
Strip down the entire buggy and rebuild it before you run it for the first time.
Finally do not rush the break in of the engine. Follow the instructions given in the manual and it will last at least 10 gallons. Also If the temps do get to high stop the engine immediately and always return the piston to BDC upon shutting it down.

Then after you've Hopped it all up you'll be close to this...

Old 07-02-2004, 11:44 AM
JamesJenkins

Hey im thinking of getting exactly the same car, it looks good enough to me! and its cheaper than the other versions of the hyper 7 which are too expensive for me!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Justin_Hartsock88

You guys should order off [link]http://www.towerhobbies.com[/link] because they ship internationally and it could save you some money in the long run. I live on RAF Mildenhall, UK. My dads in the united states air force, I bought a buggy and they shipped it to my post office. The £ is more than the $ so you can get £460 buggy for about $500 which is about £300, which is saving you money in the long run. Just think about it.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:46 AM
JamesJenkins

Yeh ive used tower for tyres, and i didnt have to pay tax and import duties etc on them because they didnt cost much, as the buggy would cost more it would possibly cost just as much after all the tax you may have to pay when it gets to this country.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: Justin_Hartsock88

You guys should order off [link]http://www.towerhobbies.com[/link] because they ship internationally and it could save you some money in the long run. I live on RAF Mildenhall, UK. My dads in the united states air force, I bought a buggy and they shipped it to my post office. The £ is more than the $ so you can get £460 buggy for about $500 which is about £300, which is saving you money in the long run. Just think about it.
Yeah but your parcel would be sent to an AFPO address so wouldn't incur customs charges and VAT. No good if your a Brit in Britain. And Tower wont put gift on the customs label.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: JamesJenkins

Hey im thinking of getting exactly the same car, it looks good enough to me! and its cheaper than the other versions of the hyper 7 which are too expensive for me!
Er.... if you want the cheapest out the box version get a PBS, By the time you've bought the radio and other needed bits for the Sport you will have paid more.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Wilko

Well, ive got mine now. Set up and ready to rock! Except its raining hard outside Damn my luck!
Old 07-04-2004, 10:18 AM
JamesJenkins

Er.... if you want the cheapest out the box version get a PBS, By the time you've bought the radio and other needed bits for the Sport you will have paid more.
Ive already got a radio etc, so i wont need to buy anything else.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:13 AM
mk999

i was looking at the hyper 7 range and i am v. confused. what is the difference between the kits i.e sport and pbs. Heres what i was planning:
buy the sport, i already have working radio gear
upgrade radio gear, futaba 3pm abs steering exponential etc.
get a starter box and replace the pullstart.

Help!![sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-08-2004, 04:53 PM
dave44

the tyres are already clued on.and if you are on a buget the sport is the way to go as u can upgrade when you can aford it to those specs.dave
Old 07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
JamesJenkins

yea thats wot i am going to do
Old 07-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Da Smak
Banned

If you haven't bent the chassis by then.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:56 AM
mk999

For anybody buying in the U.K i would recommend three5models.co.uk they have just reduced the hyper 7 (one up from the sport) to £250 with engine. And Grahama before you say i know the PBS is a better deal but for people with radio etc. already it's a pretty good deal.

Added: although the site says 299.99 it is reduced, just phone or e-mail the owner and Grahama i like the blue/silver shell is that a scottish flag or just a silver cross on the blue shell cos it looks good. I plan to do my first shell in blue/silver but with jg masks, flames and tribals for anyone that's interested
Old 07-11-2004, 02:59 PM
studysession

Funny to come accross this post after just posting a thread asking what people thought of the H7 Sport. I saw one yesterday and it just looked cheap. Missing some normal parts that grahama89 mentioned above. I was like WOW - that won't hold up as well. The RTR is a lot better than the sport. At the NEC Model EXPO yesterday, there was a booth where they were pushing the sport as a good entry level buggy. I was like, go for the PBS if you want something good and not spend that much. Only hop-up on the PBS is a must, is the steering servo. The rest can always come later.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:27 PM
mk999

When i was there i was tempted to the sport just to not go empty handed, and the guy was really pushing for me to buy it and he said 'is there any reason you wouldn't go for the sport?' (he didn't have the standard, normal, just hyper 7) and i said 'less strong aluminium no splash or filter system on the tank and he said the splash guards only £2!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:47 PM
studysession

Anyone who got the sport, tell us how it holds up to the abuse....
Old 07-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Wilko

Well Ive just bought the sport version but cant get my electronics to work (nothing to do with the hyper 7 sport though as it does not come with any electronics) but i have had the engine running and its already gone through a bush, and as i could not steer it i also had to go through that bush to get it back. So all i can say is that its a powerful little bugger. Assembling the suspension is very easy, along with adding the pipe. Everything else comes prebuilt.
Hopefully i will get the electronics sorted soon and i will say how it performs.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:40 PM
JamesJenkins

So do u think the sport will be good enough then? i wont be going off road too much, mainly on road.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:33 PM
studysession

Sorry but after seeing the sport, I would not recommend it to anyone. Go for the RTR or PBS.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Wilko

I love my hyper 7 sport. Finally run it in a large grassy field and it rocked!!!
Nothings broken yet. Runs through fuel very fast though, might see if i can tune it better.
All good so far and will post some pics soon.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:03 AM
JamesJenkins

Do u think i should go for the sport? i dont wana spend too much and its cheaper than the other versions plus i dont race or anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.