Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Shock Covers!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 04:07 PM
mselley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Covers!

Where can i get shock covers for my hyper 7 i live in enlgland so a english shop. Are they worth it and are they use full?
Old 09-23-2004, 06:49 PM
maxmod

Default RE: Shock Covers!

it depends on your track if your track is really dusty then they may come in handy but if it is watered down and isn't often dusty i wouldn't bother sorry don't now where.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:09 AM
shooky

They sell them at badhorsie. Look around this very site for a link. Maybe they will ship across the pond.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:57 AM
astalavista

hi if you want some i will ship some to you bright racing yellow let me know steph [email protected]
Old 09-24-2004, 10:48 AM
fhm101

If you race you will want to skip the spring cover type as they alter the spring rates. The best thing is to simply get the silicone gaiters, provided the OFNA shocks accept them.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Like I told you. Party animal ballons are the answer.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:46 PM
flatlander_14

dont use regular ballons though, i bought 4 bags of assorted 9" ballons. bleh. doesnt fit worth crap, lol. oh well, they will work great for covering my electronics though
Old 09-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Dawgboy2

[link=http://www.shocksox.com]ShockSox- Keep Your Shafts Clean![/link]

Click on the link for all the Shock Sox you need.

"If you race you will want to skip the spring cover type as they alter the spring rates"

Not true with Shock Sox. I mfg these especially for racers. Some companies that have made these use material too thick and dimensions too tight which would indeed bind spring rate. ShockSox are made with very light guage material and sized to fit your vehicle type. They have been extensively tested in many race atmospheres and passed with flying colors. I am currently sponsoring a race team here in the states and I race and use them religiously as do many racers all over the world.

Most importantly, they work! Keeps the dirt and fine dust from destroying o-rings.. not to mention keeping your shock body clean and they look pretty trick too![8D]

Now let's talk about the silicon booties someone posted about. Can you say, "Severely limits shaft travel"? I thought you could and that's what they do. There is no where for that bunched up rubber to go when your shock is compressed. It can limit your shock shaft travel by as much as 5-7+mm. Not to mention, they cost more!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:23 AM
fhm101

I stand corrected on the shocksox. While i use the gaiters and have never had any travel issues, I can see how they would be a problem if incorrectly installed, especially the thick units found on K car shocks. The GS gaiters I use are much thinner and cost me $5 for a pack of 4.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Toycar

I bought those Ofna silicone shock shaft sleeves $10 and they ripped after 2 races. They are way too thick so I'm using those thin long party ballons that can be twisted together to make ballon animals. Cost a $1 for 25 and they seem to be holding up. They're thinner.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:56 PM
metrologist

I have purchased several shock cover sets from multiple places on the web and after buying some badhorsie shock covers I will never by them anywhere else again, these are the nicest available. Check out this post for more info:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1598065/anchors_1647404/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1647404]shock cover information[/link]
Old 10-08-2004, 04:48 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

i just had to re-build the hyper shocks because the shaft covers trapped the dirt in and now i dont use them at all. after each heat i just blow them off w/ the compresser and they work way better. me myself wouldnt use them and save some money- you dont need them unless you are in some real muddy terrain?my bud i race w/ did the same and has good luck also...