Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Need quieter pipe

Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
gripfreak89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quieter pipe

Most of the driving I do with my Swift is my backyard. But the pipe that comes with the RTR Swift is like a "straight through" and it's very noisy, and my neighbors are complaining. What pipe can i put that works but is quieter. I've seen some that have like a separate"cherry bomb" at the end, I think that should work. Can anyone recommend me a good quiet pipe, and I don't care if it reduces hp a little bit, the more restrincted the pipe is the more low end power, and that works for me. Thanks. (the engine is a .21)
Old 10-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Michaelthefirst

Default RE: Need quieter pipe

what do you think of the swift rtr?
Old 10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

if you look at your LHS they will have the exhaust extenders. they are rubber and fit on the end of the stinger and only cost around $5. they do quiet it down quite a bit. i used one and it did just that and it keeps the smoke from getting your shocks and stuff all dirty. they have them in 2 lengths one is pretty long and it will prob. do what you need it to. a lot of people use them on the MT's i had mine on my savage...
Old 10-22-2004, 05:12 PM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

i heard the dynamite pipe was quiet
Old 10-22-2004, 05:49 PM
viper463

get the cvec pipe LOL. NO Don't just kidding. I agree the dynamite pipe is pretty quiet in comparison to others.