Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna's Hyper 7

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna's Hyper 7

Hey all,

I'd like to know what everyone's thoughts are on the Hyper 7 buggy. I will be getting one in a trade and havent had this buggy before. Thanks for the help and info.....

I would like to know the pro's and con's of the buggy, and what parts are well built, what hop ups to maybe get right off the bat etc things like that....

Thanks again
Old 11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Ofna's Hyper 7

Chris,
You can browse this forum and find many many threads pertaining to the H7 buggy

It is a solid plateform, and depending on which model you're getting different "hop ups" are available

Which model are you getiing?
Old 11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
KyoshoKev

pro's - very strong in most parts especially diffs, shock towers. cheap parts. good hop ups. like torsens diffs, carbon fibre parts.

cons - weak shock shafts the 3.0mm but they just came out with 3.5mm or get some K3 shocks, and a bit heavy than other cars.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:31 AM
mrjason82

I got my hyper 7 RTR in april for my b-day and I love it, I've only broken two things on it since then, one CVD shaft and the other was one of the steering knuckles...replaced with stock and I haven't broken it since then.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:58 AM
hypertime
My Feedback: (3)

Ive had my hyper 7 for about 5 months and love it. The only thing that i have messed up is a rear shock tower(stock) but if you get a pcr tower, they are twice the thickness, you wont have to worry bout it anymore
Old 11-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: KyoshoKev

cons - weak shock shafts the 3.0mm but they just came out with 3.5mm or get some K3 shocks, and a bit heavy than other cars.
Yeah but that didn't stop it TQing at the worlds this year.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:08 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

i saw a picture of that world beating hyper 7, and it was far from being even a heavily modified hyper 7, it looked like a prototype buggy.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:31 AM
KyoshoKev

ORIGINAL: grahama89

ORIGINAL: KyoshoKev

Yeah but that didn't stop it TQing at the worlds this year.
HUH? wats your point man?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:59 AM
zzman

KEV i think what he is saying is the shocks are fine? i had the RTR HYPER 7 and the only weak part was the shock towers. this bug is solid. get some CNC towers and a SPIDER center diff. i personally dont like the torsen diffs. you have to almost learn how to drive all over again. so just go through the diffs and change the oil to 5000,7000,1000 front to rear -and make shure the shock oil is full and the wt. you prefer. and run it - i didnt have a prob w/ my shocks they worked great. you will have a blast man...
Old 11-10-2004, 08:22 AM
KyoshoKev

yannick tq'd the world with the newer 3.5mm shocks not the 3.0mm shocks. not that he needs it coz the pros rarely crash..[&:]
Old 11-10-2004, 11:51 AM
BigGrump

For modest costs, in my opinion, you just can't go wrong with Hyper 7. That buggy does not have to make excuses to any other.

I have had one for several months and use it both on a track and for bashing and large parking lot drag racing.

I have never been dissappointed. Quite the opposite, after time, I am amazed at the good quality that it is.

Dennis
Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Thanks for all the replies guys! My buggy is the Hyper 7 PBS version. I just posted again but should have followed up here. The only upgrades are cvd's and the PCR upgrade for the lay down servo tray. Not to sure what that is exactly havent been able to find much on that. Just sounds like the servos lay down instead of standing up. The buggy should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I will post more once I go over it and find out things. I am sure I will ask more questions. Thanks again!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:18 AM
zzman

the tray makes it have a lower center of gravity. this helps keep it from rolling over. every little bit helps. you cant win a race on your back
Old 11-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Motorman007

Well guys I ran the 335spider. Josh Wheeler set up. Not sure if I like it or not. Lol
Here is the run down from Sat. practice day.

I ran from 2 p.m. 6 p.m.
Motor I was running was Novarossi 3 port, 14 bell, stock spur 46/ 2050 pipe, temp was 230-240. I also let other people drive to get their views on it as well.

My view point:
It seems to have crazy off power steering but a little push on power. I believe the on power push is because the front and center are diff-ing out under power. This makes the front and center diff out more than a 572 set up. I said two times. lol
For me it seems to center up faster for jumps coming out of the turns which I like a lot. Putting the power to the ground was good. Once I was lined up I would punch it and it would move like rapped ape. Tracking straight as anything. But if you got on the power to early coming out of a turn then the rear would come out from under you ASAP!!!
But if you did not get on it to early the buggy seem to have a lot of traction some what all the time. More time will tell if I like more.

I had 2 guys drive my buggy and I drove 2 mugens.

Other views of the 335spider.
1st guy drives a stock Mugen X5. So he is use to having a super light buggy.
His view of my hyper was a little heavy for his liking. But it went through the rough stuff so much easier than his mugen. Jumped good, was way more stable/ panted than his. His rear seems to come around a lot faster but he drives with his brakes. Drives hard into the turn hit the brakes turn then power outs.
Mines brake then turn then power out.
H7 did not have the turning like his mugen. But he said he kind of like it. But need more steering for him. But he did say that H7 was set up so a person that never drove a 1.8 could just pick this buggy up and drive it very well. So that is good. I guess????

Me driving his mugen.
I seem to get up to top speed much faster. B.c. of it being light. I had to get use to the steering and his Hard Braking that he had. Drive hard in the turn then brake then turn and power out. It seems you have to drive a mugen super hard to make it work. JUST ME!!
It seems to jump well but did not go through the rough stuff good at all. The rear came a round on me a lot till I could not be sure of my self that I was tracking right.

I did like the steering but it seem stable at times and some times it did not. Not sure if driving hard is for me???

Other Mugen x5: buggy I drove was a little heavier. His steering was slowed down a lot for my liking but I was able to drive his very easy. Steering was the same what the same. But the rear end was panted. It jumped well. Went through the rough a lot better than the lighter mugen but not as good as the heavier H7.

With the heavier mugen I was able to drive it a little harder than the light one. And I was sure of myself that I was tracking right and straight for next jump or anything that was a head of me.

It seems if I had the lighter buggy steering and the heavier rear tractions I could come to say I would like a mugen.

Guy 2:
K3 drove my buggy said it had more steering than his buggy and went through the rough stuff much better than his did. Jumped good tracked well. But some what the same other than that.

For me I had all the K cars so here is my view.

I feel the kyosho I had steering very good steering. The H7 has good steering but not as good as my kyosho K3 did. But I did go faster with the H7 than I did with my K3. They both seem to handle the well so I don’t know really way I was faster with the H7.
But times don’t lie that is for sure.

Maybe u guys can shed some light on this.

Well I really would like to try a mugen set up my way to really to see if this is for me. Reason I say this is b.c. I need to see if driving on the edge (meaning un-stable) is my style of driving or driving a little on the safe (meaning more stable) is for me.
If I find a good deal on one I may give it a try.

If anyone has any views on this please post.
Thanx dibs