Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

good buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:55 AM
jmangone23 tzs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good buggy

will this be a durable buggy? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXV2&P=7
i have an os rg engine i would put in it. i am just goin to bash i may race once and a while. i really want a buggy no that i think im done with mts. also on tower it says its only 14.9 inches long is it really that little? because im not sure i want it if it is that little.

or any sugestions to a differant buggy will be apreaciated.

thxs
Old 12-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Mrfranchize02

Default RE: good buggy

Don't get that buggy, the parts for it are going extinct.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:38 AM
ajk

get rex-x

it's not on towerehobbies but if ur english go 2 wycombe models
it amazing!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:01 AM
Da Smak
Banned

From one bad option to another there. If you want a cheap and chearful bashing buggy try an OFNA Violator/9.5 or Hyper 7. I'd stay away from the rex x / X-terminator. There are other RTR sets out there but IMO those 2 are the best VFM for the starter racer especially the Hyper 7 PBS.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:23 AM
JNS

odd i have an X-Terminator and i doubt youve had any first hand experience.... i personally hate the force engine line, and the ofna buggies ive seen loaded with hop ups are good but ones that are sold in the same range as the term are rolling junk...
Old 12-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Junior champ

Get a hyper7 PBS my i had my for seven months there good for bashing and racing i only got rid of it cause i got a new one for christmas the only majer damage i done to it was braking a shock and a spur gear but that was down to lack of matince[X(]
Old 12-28-2004, 06:34 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

grahama, when was the last time you SAW, let alone DROVE an X-Terminator? seriously, dude, get a life.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:39 AM
smoothound

It's funny how defensive people get when someone slags THEIR choice of buggy

I'd go along with what Alex says purely because he has a wealth of experience, he actually owns or has owned a lot of different buggies plus he spends a lot of time trackside.

My own experience is limited to the EB4 I run, I know as an RTR it is not the best but as I bought a cheap LE kit it is now quite tough and with a decent engine goes well. Most guys I know locally run EB4's or Hypers but that is down to spares availability. If I went into my LHS and asked about X-Terminators or Rex-X they'd look at me as if I was from another planet, ask about most of the others they'd know them instantly.

When I was looking for a buggy I could only find one shop that stocked the Rex-X so I binned it as an option before looking at it, I assumed it must be junk as no one stocked it [&o]
Old 12-28-2004, 10:09 AM
JNS

The only real junk on the Rex-X is the force engine in it...
Old 12-28-2004, 10:17 AM
JNS

ok every owner of a term/rex on this board praises it religiously, he doesnt own one, and all he does is badmouth it... that good enough to prove he's wrong?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Haldir

Jm stay away from Ofna, unless you want to spend $450-$550 for one, if you do that you might as well get a Kyosho or a Mugen! Japanese manufactured kits are better than Taiwanese kits in my opinion, from my experience with Ofna buggies they are very low quality. The XTM buggies are better for the price goodluck and stay away from Ofna
Old 12-28-2004, 10:41 AM
JNS

i can hear the flames approaching...

wait .. the XB8 isnt japanese [:'(]
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Haldir

JM

Here yeah go:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUX44&P=7
Old 12-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Haldir

The XB8 is a $600+ buggy as well, but better than Ofna.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:36 AM
smoothound

How does that prove him wrong?

Proves he's done enough homework not to spend his hard earned on it maybe plus it proves what I said before that all the people who have spent their cash on it are prepared to defend it to the death but that's all

At the end of the day he may well be wrong and you may be right but how many buggies of different makes are you currently running side by side to make any judgement on how good it REALLY is? Good in your eyes because it's the only buggy you know?

I think my EB4 is pretty cool but I know it's no match for an XB8, Mugen or Kyosho unless I was some sort of special driver, which I'm not.

My EB4 could be better than the Rex-X/X-Term or it could be worse I don't know never seen either of them in the flesh so if it were me I'd go with what Alex says purely on the strength of his general experience plus the fact that hardly anyone over here stocks them as far as I can see and there must be a reason for that
Old 12-28-2004, 11:55 AM
JNS

i have more experience with other buggies than he has had with the term all he says is based on his "freinds" there are hundreds of sources that sing praise of the Rex but you come here, cite alex as if he were god and leave it at that, there are people with 20 r/cs, who still run the term as a basher, an MBX or a XB8 as a racer. if you go by what one guy will say so be it, waste your money, its up to you, just look forward to the crap that is the cheap ofna
Old 12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
smoothound

Did I say I was going to buy one? Not at all. All I said was if I was looking I'd take his word over someone who has one buggy and is singing the praises of one buggy that was it.

Also here in the UK I'd hazard a guess there are a lot more Hyper 7's in use than the others and there must be a reason. I bet they're also more used over your side as well if the truth be known.

I guess we'll see over the next few days as the more experienced people come back on the board and air their views after the holidays...
Old 12-28-2004, 12:54 PM
GT4racer

Yeh I live in the UK and I've just got myself a Hyper 7 PBS
Old 12-28-2004, 01:11 PM
JNS

heres another thing to take account of, how long has the 7 been around compared to the term (2002) ... the first XTM R/Cs were rolling piles.... and just because allot of hobby shops dont carry it doesnt mean its bad, look at Serpent, and Xray, stateside shops that carry them are far and few between but both are unassailably some of the best around,