Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

advice on selling my buggy...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 09:32 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on selling my buggy...

well i'm nearing the validation date for me to get my driver's liscense and im realizing getting a real car is more important than a silly buggy. i want some advice on how i should sell it though... as of now it needs new front tires/wheels(~$30), front shocks(~$23) and probably a tear down would be wise just to fill the diffs with thicker oil before its run again. it's had only about 7/8 of a gallon through the pullstart hyper 8 port engine and runs strong. and by the way, my buggy is an ofna hyper 7 pbs/pcr sorta buggy(its the one from rc-mushroom) with a futaba 3-pm fm radio, hitec hs5945 steering servo, and hs635hb throttle servo. i also added an aluminum lower front hinge pin mount. the body is in fair shape as well. i want to know what i should expect from it? i want to gain at least $400-450 back from the initial $700+ i spent on it. do you think i can get more after i pay roughly $50-60 to get new parts or sell it as "almost ready to run?" i'd be including a 1200mah racer's edge hump pack and a peak charger that was originally meant for the losi mini t but i changed the connector to get a $25 1hr peak charger. this is not a for sale thread so please redirect any inquiries to my email address. i want to know whether investing to "restore" it would be worth it before i resell or not?

Tony
Old 12-23-2004, 10:29 PM
neil.jb

Default RE: advice on selling my buggy...

fix it up and clean clean clean!

you will undoubtedly get a lot more for it if its in tip top condition
Old 12-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Memopad

I've got about $1000 into an Ofna 9.5 and i kind of toyed with selling it. I had a few people very interested, but it never went anywhere. I was asking $400 for it. Its hard to tell without pictures and stuff, but i don't think you can expect to get that much for your buggy, especially if its only stock. Try ebay i guess.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:49 AM
cemeb4dk

Its sad to say, but you will always take a beating on selling used stuff. As I see now on ebay things are being gotten for real cheap. I think it may because its winter and the off season for most or just because of xmas.

I have sold a few used vehicles on ebay and always got bent over on them, but I got my use out of them. But I would definitely clean and re lube and oil everything, and take pleanty of clear pics.

Another way of selling it is to part it out and sell
Old 12-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Da Smak
Banned

You'll never get much on Ebay this time of year. People want new.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:53 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

even if u spend the 50bux on the parts i dont think ur gonna get what u want cuz a lot of them are being sold for like 400s brand new ...just for a little extra people would rather buy the new especially u have an old engine too.
id say just keep it and ur gonna miss running it especially now ur driving u can go to all vacant lots to run..selling used rc's is hard ..its worse than a used car..or maybe u can try ebay too..but id rather keep it man...cuz a lot of kids who shop for used ones are almost askin u to give it to them for free..
Old 12-24-2004, 02:02 PM
flatlander_14

thanks guys, maybe i will just keep it for a while. i may wanna run it some time in the future.