Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

KYOSHO 7.5 TRUGGY? HELP...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 08:10 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYOSHO 7.5 TRUGGY? HELP...

i am doing a 7.5 truggy conversion and i did a search but couldnt find the info i needed? i got some dominator wheels commin and i got the maximizer adapters to extend the wheels now what spur do i get to fit my diff? 60 tooth? part #? why do people change the shock towers, cant i run the stock ones? and i know i will have to shim the center diff. and i want to run the stock body will it rub? im runnin a HPI 25 w/ the 053 ofna pipe. i got the 13t bell. can you guys lead me in the right direction for the other parts i need? THANKS in advance...
Old 12-26-2004, 11:24 PM
cemeb4dk

Default RE: KYOSHO 7.5 TRUGGY? HELP...

First off what type of tires are you going to run?

If you run the Lp panthers you will not have to change your spur gear. But if you decide to run maxx size tires you will have to run a bigger spur, raise the diff, get a new upper center diff brace ( since the new spur will be taller) and also a new radio tray since the stock one sits to close to the center and any larger spur will hit it. Hole shot engineering makes a conversion kit, do a search on ebay for truggy.

Also most tracks require that you run a truck type body not a buggy body, you will then have to get body posts to mount your body, the GS SUT body posts work well. Just bolt them direct to your shock towers.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:41 AM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

well thanks man- im trying to save a bit and do it myself. cant you dremmel the radio tray or will it be to close? and do you have a part # to the lp panthers? i dont know what they are? and what is a GS SUT? im not into the MT's??? i used to have the savage but ive been into the 8th scale bugs and lost contact w/ the trucks. also what truck body will work? and can you use the wing mount for the back of the body to mount it? any help will work im lost on this
Old 12-27-2004, 11:38 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

if you're going to use the LPs then just get the 12 tooth ofna clutch bell,,,you may not need the bigger spur with that big block engine,,but if you want to run MT tireds then you'll want the total conversion or you'll just burn clutches and over heat your motor,,

the reason guys change the shock tower is to run the longer rear shocks on the front,,not 100% nessacary but it help handling

the GS "SUT" is a factory convert GS Storm truggy,"Storm Unlimited Truck",,,I can't believe you've never heard of it.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:28 PM
cemeb4dk

had enough answered alot, of your ???'s

If I can just add the radio tray cannot be dremeled, the K series try to bring everything towards the middle, so no larger spur gear will fit.

Do a search on ebay for Komodo, and just make sure you get the maxx size