Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

need answered plz dont ignore me

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 10:46 PM
TGreg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need answered plz dont ignore me

well i broke in the 9.5 violator today to the point of 1/4 throttle and when i was giving it quarter throttle it would sometimes go and sometimes not so i thought it was because it was too rich. well when putting after run oil in it i noticed that the glow plug was hardly screwed in. and i did three full tanks with the glow plug like half way unscrewed. well my question is will there be any problems caused by this, should i restart the break in, is it ok, wat should i do?

ps i u need any help understanding it more jus ask. thx and tia
Old 12-29-2004, 10:52 PM
madweazl

Default RE: need answered plz dont ignore me

I doubt you'll notice any ill effects, I'm rather surprised it ran though. Adjust the high and low side needles back to their original settings and restart the tuning process.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:57 PM
TGreg24

ok thx but there way richer than there factory settings because the factory settings are set for temps of any where from 70 to 85 degrees and its like 35-45 degrees here and when i started it up with the factory settings there was not blue smoke and no oil.

i know wat ur problable thinking, im not suppose to run it really rich because the engine wont reach the 190-200 mark to expand the metals. well wat i did was run it super rich [(like a spute of oil) max temp nomal 90-130] then i put aluminum foil around to get it around 185-200 so its all good

should i still restart.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:18 AM
RJP-63

ORIGINAL: Team_Zero-Star

i put aluminum foil around to get it around 185-200 so its all good

should i still restart.
Measured or guessed? I ask because I just broke-in a motor this week at a similar outside temperature; I had to remove the foil I put on the motor because the head temperature was getting too high, i.e. a measured 250 degrees running rich. Be careful when you cover the engine without a temp gun; given the choice of breaking-in a little cool, or overheating, I'll take cool.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:18 AM
scrapheep

Not going to hurt the engine with a loose plug, when in doubt start the process over.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: madweazl

I doubt you'll notice any ill effects, I'm rather surprised it ran though.
I'm not.

In my experience it's best to start an engine with the plug loose then after 10 secs tighten it. It ran ran because the fuel air mix was correct. But because the plug was loose it show it's still too rich really. Wind the LSN in 1/4 turn and continue your break in. Nothing will have damaged the engine.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:13 AM
TGreg24

thx all and im starting to see the power. this acceleration and turning is madness (very good) compared to my savage

all i gotta say is ssaawweett!!!!