Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Bazooka Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Stevie Bogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazooka Parts

Hi There,

I have been out of the world of RC cars for around 10 years. Last truck being a Losi XXT!

I have recently bought a Speed Bazooka, which, before I crashed it on Christmas day, seemed like a good buggy, lots of fun and extremely fast!

Problem is I can't seem to be able to source any parts for it and was looking for some advice on where I could look.

Many Thanks,

Stevie,

PS I am in Scotland but mail order would probably be the way I will go so location of store would not be a problem. Cheers,
Old 12-30-2004, 01:11 PM
TGreg24

Default RE: Bazooka Parts

well 80% of the parts on the bazooka are parts from the mp 5, and mp 7.5 so just look and maybe u will find wat u need
Old 12-30-2004, 01:17 PM
TGreg24

this is straight from the sellers of the bazooka buggy
1/8 Scale Radio Controlled .21 Engine 4WD Off-Road Racing Buggy "BA ZOO KA" is BROTHER of KYOSHO MP 7.5 SAME KYOSHO FACTORY PRODUCTION, different Brand "HI SPEED" SO 98% PARTS CAN USE IN MP7.5
Old 12-31-2004, 06:46 AM
Stevie Bogan

ORIGINAL: Team_Zero-Star

this is straight from the sellers of the bazooka buggy
1/8 Scale Radio Controlled .21 Engine 4WD Off-Road Racing Buggy "BA ZOO KA" is BROTHER of KYOSHO MP 7.5 SAME KYOSHO FACTORY PRODUCTION, different Brand "HI SPEED" SO 98% PARTS CAN USE IN MP7.5
Thanks mate,

yes I know this, but I think the front wishbones are different. Would be great if I could see a diagram of the MP7.5 wishbone. Are there any websites I could look at?

Stevie
Old 12-31-2004, 07:19 AM
monte100

you can download the manual for the mp7.5 at http://www.kyosho.com/manuals/index.html
then you can see what parts are compatible.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Stevie Bogan

Thank you v-much.

I will have a look through the manual.

Gee's I'm used the an Audi Forum, this is just as good!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:38 AM
Engrose

I've heard that it should be possible to use some parts from the HotBodies Lightning on the Bazooka, but again, this should be investigated first.

Can't you get parts from where you bought the buggy?

You can get some parts from www.rcworldwide.com
Old 01-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Stevie Bogan

Hi Engrose,

the shop I bought it from was an ebay based shop. They are now not responding to my emails.

I have sent them a last email, asking for them to respond by 5th of Jan, incase they are on holiday, but its not looking very good.

I called round about 6 shops and they had never even heard of it!

I down loaded the manual from Kyosho as suggested by monte100, and the front wish bones are different.

I will check the link you have provided. thanks!

Stevie
Old 01-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Engrose

Which ebay-shop did you buy from?

The link I found is also from an ebay-seller. I haven't tried this seller myself, but they do have reasonably positive feedback.
Furthermore they did have the suspension arms.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Stevie Bogan

Engrose,

just went to that site.

Yes they are an ebay seller to, but at least the have a shop!

I dont think the 'shop' I purchased it from was as big as this one. Yes, they had the arms. I have placed an order pending confirmation on the carriage as I am in Scotland and they are in Hong-Kong!

Many thanks for that mate, very much appreciated! Maybe I'll even get another shop of the buggy before I go back to work on Wednesday!

Stevie
Old 01-18-2005, 08:49 AM
hjertaas

Hi!

I have ordered a Bazooka myself, but I'm getting cold feet's. Looks like its getting a lot of bad critics, something I found out after I placed the order. Can you pls give me your opinion about the car? Have you compared it to the Inferno? The seller claims that it is an improved version of Kyosho Inferno MP7,5 Sport. But I start to doubt. I have not received it yet since its delivered directly from the factory in China. Since the consumer has very strong rights here in Norway, I can get a full refund within 14 days after delivery if I choose to send it back.

I paid about 480$, which is about 150$ less than the Inferno Sport. (Norwegian prices)

Guess you ordered parts from Exportpro (www.exportpro.biz)

another tip for parts is [email protected], this is the reseller i bought from, buys directly from the factory, as Exportpro does.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Stevie Bogan

Hi,

I have had the buggy since christmas and to be honest, appart from having a bit of bother getting parts at the start I would say for the price its a good little buggy.

Only thing is, I was used to 1/10 electric which weren't anywhere near as fast or as heavy. I say this because I have broken the front wishbone and the rear hub carrier, but only after a fairly heavy impact, which didn't happen on my 1/10 (Losi XXT).

Not sure if this is down to how fast & heavy it is?

Still, I cant complain for the money.

Important thing is, its not a Kyosho, its a Speed although there are people selling it as. Which I would say is very misleading.

Hope this helps.

Stevie
Old 01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Tucker01

If you look at the pictures closely you'll see the Bazooka is a very poor similarity of the Inferno. Although it may be dimensionally similar the materials used do not appear to be of the same quality. And as many have found some parts are not the same (you can actualy see this in the pictures), which goes against the item description, and therefore Ebay rules.

The fact the the seller uses the Kyosho name on most of his adverts is also very misleading (not to mention illegal and against Ebay policies). Numerous complaint to Ebay have been made (I've reported many of the auctions) with little result as of yet.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:33 PM
hjertaas

Thanks guys!

I have written to the seller, asking for documentation that its made by Kyosho, something I will probably not get This is not bought on e-bay, and the seller in his recent advertisements for the product, has removed the made by Kyosho part, together with a lot of other bragging.

Since that the made by Kyosho part was the main reason for me buying it, the deal is off, if I don't get any documentation.

No offense Stevie, but I bought the car for some amatour racing, and maybe develop the car further, which seems meaningless now.

Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Stevie Bogan

Thats a fair point mate.

I just bought it to see if I was still into it before I went and spent alot more money!

I have never seen a proper Kyosho inferno so dont have anything to compair. Maybe a good thing!!