Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Sportwerks Mayhem Pro = top notch buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Sportwerks Mayhem Pro = top notch buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 02:08 PM
dirtchambers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportwerks Mayhem Pro = top notch buggy?

Is the Mayhem Pro just as good as a Kyosho 777 or Mugen MBX5? I can get either a 777 standard or a Mayhem Pro for $320. I've been racing 1/10 gas truck and most electric classes for the last 10 years or so. I'm a decent driver and plan to race at some of the bigger races around the southeast. Would I be at any disadvantage with the Mayhem?

Thanks,
DC
Old 12-31-2004, 03:25 PM
Metalhack
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sportwerks Mayhem Pro = top notch buggy?

No I dont think the Mayhem is as good as the 2 you mentioned, particulary the MBX5....but its not far off. Check out the RCU review on the Mayhem.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:09 PM
RJP-63

If you plan on racing either buggy you'll most likely be upgrading components along the way; that being said I would go for the 777 standard, you'll have a lot more options down the road.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Muswagon

Buy the Mayhem PRO with the engine, you cannot go wrong. For the price of a standard kit, you get a fairly high quality engine and pipe. If money is no object buy the 777 special one.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:49 PM
thebuggyman

the Mayham pro is a very capable car. And the motor that comes with it is also very capable. For the money it is a much better deal then the regular 777, you would have to replace so much to get it to the level of the Mayham. Look at the rtr kyosho that was junk (plastic spur gear). JMO but everyone goes for names on cars. The reason Kyosho wins so much is they have so many drivers. This is changing there are so many good cars out now (Mugen, Jammin, Maham, TTR s3 to name a few. I believe thats why Kyoshos are getting cheaper they have too. Mayham sponsors no one. I don't own a Mayham but I race against them. I just put my Mugen on back up to my Jammin because I feel the Jammin is JUST AS GOOD and the parts qaulity is better then the Mugen (stock to stock) yes I said better. Look at parts availablity also, that is just as important, along with price.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Muswagon

Well said.

I am going with the TTR S3, just because it is so dang cool. My other choices were the X1CR, Lightning PRO 2, or the Mayhem Pro. everything else is priced in the stratosphere in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:54 PM
dirtchambers

Thanks for the advice guys. I was originally excited that I could get a 777 for a cheap price, but after you buy shock towers, chassis braces, turnbuckles, cv's... you've already spent over $500 just to get the kit race ready. The mayhem seems to be pretty much ready to go out of the box.
I just bought a new Rex 9886 pipe, so I'm just gonna get the pro without engine.

Are there any upgrades the mayhem pro really needs?