Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

v-spec problem, Help Me !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 08:50 PM
djeurofoeva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v-spec problem, Help Me !

I dont know whats wrong, went to the race today paid for it all and went to start my engine and it starts, but when I take off the glow ignitor it dies. I had 4 guys help me and no one knows whats wrong

Things we cheked
Tubing
Glow plugs tried 3 different ones new ones too.
Tuning
Carb
Pressure
Compression
All the valves needles and head tightnes and all.

Im lost i didnt even get to run and it was my first race ever![] man im gonna go cry in the corner now. lol
Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Mrfranchize02

Default RE: v-spec problem, Help Me !

That is wierd because it definately sounds like a bad plug or heater.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:27 PM
JNS

didja try turnin the flywheel by hand and made sure it had compression?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01 AM
djeurofoeva

not a bad plug even my lhs changed to a new plug and still no luck, thats 4 new plugs and still the same the compression ist great its a new engine broken in by a pro! so im confused , oh well i sent it it in to os wel see what they will say
Old 01-03-2005, 08:39 AM
slim-tc3

Hi, my dad is the one that helped you with the midrange, we were talking about it on the way home, i think the needles were way outta line. i think they were so rich still from having that mid shut down that it would run with the ignighter, but all that fuel would blow out the plug when you took it off.

if you havent sent it yet by time you read this, set it back to the stock turns on the needles(dont change the mid tho, its right...). it may be listed in the manual or some one here will know it.
sorry we ran outta time to help you but that mid range should never be changed cept for 1 turn in after break in. try it one more time and start with the stock needle settings.
set the high end first. then the low speed.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
djeurofoeva

Hey seriosly thanks for the help, but we did turn the needles, i know some one at venture hobbies that helped me and we set it to original settings but no difference same thing they thot it might be an air leak or something internal like a bad metal mix and something was too weak and might of bent or something so yeah we sent it out be back in 2 weeks. dude first time racin ever and it took a dump on me lol and it ran perfect the day before even with hte mid range leaned out lol i didnt even know at the track that we had to go on the track to pick up the cars lol.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:55 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

WELCOME TO RC!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:00 PM
djeurofoeva

Yeah but the sad thing is ive bin in rc for 4 years and i fly planes too and i never had such problem lol
Old 01-03-2005, 11:48 PM
SKYLINE350GT

I would have opened the motor up to check and see if it was a physical problem before sending it out.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:41 AM
xplayer930

my os cv-r .12 did the same thing to me. it broke in fine, but then it would run erratic and would horribily over heat. i never had this happen. Iv been flyin planes for 11 years and cars for 8.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:54 AM
browney

i had the same problem with my v spec and my sirio .27 and every time it was because it is to ritch. so you can make it leaner or keep the glow starter in then get the wheels moving and keep em moving on the starter box then take the glow starter out and it should work
Old 01-04-2005, 05:52 PM
xplayer930

djeurofoeva- racing engines are finiky lil things, when starting up, set ur high speed needle realy lean. Then as soon as it fires up richen her at to factory settings. Then once ur warmed up turn ur high speed needle at 1/8th turns. it could also be ur air/fuel mixture. My nieghbores inferno mp7.5 sports had all kinds of trouble. If u gav eit anythign more than halfe throttle it would die out. A good startign point for the air/mixture screw is 1 turn in from being flush with the outter rim of the carb body. Any more questions you have jsut ask!!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
djeurofoeva

see thats the problem it runs supper great when it has the ignitor on and it dies when you take it off you can do whatever you want when the igniter is on so its prolly internal
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
CSRACING

did you check it with new fuel, and a different rating of plug, engine stoping when you take glow start off is usually the settings too rich, or the plug isn,t staying warm enough, try fuel cos that is a big one that has caught me out more than once. let me know how you get on.

Derek
CSRacing