Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 PBS - Got 1????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:58 PM
CSRACING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 PBS - Got 1????

Hey everyone i have a hyper 7 PBS and think it's great let me know about yours if u have one cos i need a few race tips to give me an edge. Give me a shout

Thanks
Derek

CSRacing
Old 01-04-2005, 07:27 PM
GT4racer

Default RE: Hyper 7 PBS - Got 1????

**1) Get a High torque- High Speed Steering servo (I currently use the Futaba S9402, not the most powerful-about 8kg of torque but definitely very fast: .10 seconds!)
**2)change the stock dry-cell four pack with a hump back rechargeable pack (hump pack is better because it keeps the center of gravity right, bit of a race tip there )
3) Get a new pipe
4) Slightly more powerfull throttle servo (put that behind the steering servo in you 'priority list')
5)Stock air filter isnt heavy duty enough for me so i am gonna switch to motor saver filter-1/8th buggy version
**6) Put diff oil in your differentials (I put 1.000 CS in the rear, 5.000Cs in the front and 7.000 in the center)

Don't bother with carbon fibre...it wont increase your lap time enough for it to be worth it...although it sure looks damn good!!

**1, 2 and 6 are the more important ones
Old 01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
CSRACING

done the batterys,
belive it or not the two servos don't seem to have a prob but will prob get upgraded. information on suspension set ups and theroys behind them would be a great help.
as for diff oil a few guys have said 3:3:5 (front:center:rear) or 3:1:5,3:1:7
Old 01-05-2005, 06:41 AM
scrapheep

For racing 5k,7k,1k in the diffs is the norm.
For tight tracks use the outboard lower shock mounting holes, caster shims behind the upper arms , Ackerman on the inboard holes, 40w fluid in the front shocks and 30w in the rear will get you pretty close, ride height set at driveshafts level or slightly below level,and a high torque steering servo is a must..I use a KO 2144.
This set up is for an indoor clay track...for outdoor I use the inboard shock mounts and pick the ride height up to slightly above level.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: GT4racer

5)Stock air filter isnt heavy duty enough for me so i am gonna switch to motor saver filter-1/8th buggy version
**6) Put diff oil in your differentials (I put 1.000 CS in the rear, 5.000Cs in the front and 7.000 in the center)

Don't bother with carbon fibre...it wont increase your lap time enough for it to be worth it...although it sure looks damn good!!
The XB8 air filter is a good one to use, and if your running even 1000 cs oil then you might aswell weld the diff up. I think you meant 1000 WT. CS is normally refered to with Shock oil. Which you will also need to top up, with something like 40 wt.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 AM
CSRACING

Thanks lads for the help

derek
CSRacing