Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ACE HARDWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:03 PM
cainerzen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE HARDWARE

Ok,i ordered 2x hyper 7pbs with a few extras from ace hardware hobbies,i have just recived package and there is only 1 car,but 2 starter boxes.Theres 1 controler and 1 of everything else ecept starter box,i have checked the seals on the box,i am the only one who has broken them,there is no extra tape and ive checked the bottom and has not been opened.Right,the box has defonetly not been opened sice they sent it,im guessng they are trying to pull a fast 1,being clever by putting 2 starter boxes in and kev said he personaly packed it.This is realy realy bad,the box defonately has no extra tape on it,customs have not opened it,im about to phone and i know they will play dumb.W3hat do i do.I realy need help im nearly in bloody tears here,im not a rich man i bloody poor and realy realy cant afford this kinda thing.Help please
Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
smoothound

Default RE: ACE HARDWARE

Can you not check the weight on the package? If there is a whole car missing, assuming you mean new car in box, that's a whole load of weight difference. If it's come via Air there must be a note of the weight there somewhere?
Old 01-10-2005, 12:29 PM
cainerzen

YES THERE IS THNX I WILL TRY AND CHECK THAT
Old 01-10-2005, 12:40 PM
cainerzen

looks like the package has lost weight,not aces fault by the looks,i dunno what to do now,its all 2 much.any advice would be apreciated,1 was for my bro,jesus christ,i cant beleive some scumbag would do this at xmas.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
cainerzen

seems the box weighs about 10 kgs and original weight was 33 lbs,someoene had taken a car ect,thats unbeleivable,im off to feel sick n depressed.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 PM
smoothound

This is one thing that worries me about the stuff I order abroad, plenty of it, too many hops on it's way here [&o][&o]

Touching wood I've yet to have a problem. Suddenly makes it cheaper to have bought the cars over here in the long run. I don't suppose there is anything you can do really as the package is open now. Not sure where you really stand in the long run anyway because a large proportion of these packages are opened in customs so they all come through with that tampered look. Next time open it in front of the postman [&o]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:24 PM
NJRC

sometimes shipper labels say the total weight of two packages and clearly states that there is a second package...it may say something like 1 of 2. Check you packing labels as one may just have been shipped sperately. Also check your invoice carefully as they also tend to put a note stating that some products may be on back order and shipped at a later date. Another thing todo is check the tracking online with the carrier. They provide enough info on how many packages, weight and who signed for package if signature was required.
I had something like this happen to me and when I contacted the vendor, they had told me that the second package was shipped at a later date even though it was paid for all together as one shipment.
Good luck tracking it down
Old 01-10-2005, 01:35 PM
smoothound

Good points certainly worth checking into the trail if you get no joy from a separate box or backorder
Old 01-10-2005, 02:09 PM
cainerzen

well i emailed kev and hes great to be honest,hes phoned me straight away and tryng to sort it out.Ive just taken pictures of the contents and mailing them to him now,he cant believe it either,i was very fustrated and extremly gutted but hes made me feel better just with a phone call.If i can get a kit back it will be ok,kev said he should be able to do it,hopefully it will work out,just hope this stretch of bad luck is over.I realy cant beleive someone would do this at xmas,its sickening that people who are in trusted positions can get away with things like this,but hey the worlds a **** hole.Thank god kevs a great bloke n trying to help me out.will get back to u when i have news.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:53 PM
cainerzen

This is definetly not aces fault,its just i was extremly fustrated and gutted as you can expect and needed to vent vent it out,i did it in the wrong manner and have to say the guys at ace are trying thier best and have already proved
me very very very wrong and i apologise to whom ever reads this thread.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Chex

royal mails great arent they?...pity no one took real notice of the watchdog episode on them
Old 01-10-2005, 03:22 PM
cainerzen

Plz go to new thread posted.