Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 7 Sport to replace Condor Pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 Sport to replace Condor Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:52 PM
s0cks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 Sport to replace Condor Pro

Hi guys,

Got a buggy about 2 weeks ago. It was a cheap import from China. An ACME Condor Pro. Everything is brekaing on it. Just by running it around on grass the 4wd broke. And now its only 2wd. The engine refuses to idle (tried everything). And on a light crash the suspension broke. This was all in about 1 week.

Anyway... the reason I got a nitro buggy was to get into a hobby. Take it racing etc... So I wasn't gonna let this put me off. So I just ordered a Ofna Hyper 7 Sport! Looks the bomb, and I hope it goes like the bomb. Oh and also that it is bomb proof!

Any Hyper 7 tips would be appreciated. Just waiting for it to be delivered
Old 01-12-2005, 02:42 PM
neil.jb

Default RE: Hyper 7 Sport to replace Condor Pro

one of the first things i would advise getting for the hyper 7 sport aside from the usual things(air filter ect) is the front and rear braces which for some reason hobao(ofna) decided not to fit at the factory. other than that you will have a whale of a time as the hyper 7 is in a different league all together from those crappy chinese things. i will warn you though that the engine will be VERY tight and you should warm it up with the hair dryer for a few minutes before starting it the first few times
Old 01-12-2005, 02:43 PM
b@5her

I've got a hyper7 sport and it is very strong the only thing i would suggest you order are the chassis braces, and if you are going to race the front roll bar.
torque rod set part no.s are h87063, for the rods and h87072. for the ball ends.
and the roll bar h87329.
also check all the screws etc before you run it just incase they are loose.
then as you get faster possibly the quad brake setup.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:44 PM
b@5her

neil you must have posted while i was typing
Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 PM
JamesJenkins

Ive not long got the hyper 7 sport, and ive already converted it to non pullstart because the pullstart broke after about 3 starts! I dont know if I just had a bad one but that might be something worth doing.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:39 AM
b@5her

the hyper pullstarts are pretty weak, and for a few quid more than a new pullstart you can get a hand starter which is definately worth doing . you dont realise how much of a pain pull starts are untill you get a starter box.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:52 AM
danman487

Hi, i couldn't help but wonder what a 'hand starter' is for a hyper 7. im sick to death of the pull start, broken it once but its such a pain to get runnin on pull start. a starter box is expensive so whats this hand starter??

Thanks

Dan (new boy)
Old 01-17-2005, 07:14 PM
b@5her

this is a hand starter

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=11854

works like a hand held starter box just push it against the flywheel. make sure you start you engine in the right direction though, cos a nitro will run backwards. it takes a little practise to get used to them but a fwe people at my local track use them with no problems.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:56 AM
danman487

genius!! thanks, that looks like its gonna save me some arm work. is there a way to fettle with the engine to make it start easier in general or is it just likely to be the cold weather??