Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

buggy engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:47 PM
slapshot454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buggy engine

I want to get a new engine, i have been looking at the os engines, i dont have the money for a new v spec so i was wondering how the rg compares the the v spec or vz-b. Is it better than the stock motor?
thanks
Old 01-26-2005, 12:14 AM
repete

Default RE: buggy engine

first of all..stock motor in what..

also if u want a cheaper motor that will run wiht the best...

look at the SH .21 Pro 2004XB or the Sportworks .21
Old 01-26-2005, 12:22 AM
slapshot454

sorry about that, stock gs storm moter
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Saboteur10573

The Vspec and other high end .21 buggy engines are just as reliable as the RG, but offer way more power. They are also more expensive. Get the RG if you want something to bash around with. If you're looking for power, the engines repete mentioned are good, but won't run with any higher end engines on any medium to large track. Let us know what you plan to do and then we can give you a more precise answer.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:33 AM
slapshot454

i dont think that i will ever be racing it, mainly just messin around outside with it. Im looking for a very reliable engine, but i still want it to have plenty of power to keep up with friends. I have an 8 port race engine, but people have been telling me that the hp rating is way over rated. i think that the stock gs .21 keeps up with it just fine, im just wondering if the os rg would better, and i would be willing to go a little bit more for the sportwerks, or sh if they are as good as the os. i want an engine that is well known by you guys to be good, and that will last long and will have good power.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 PM
PitStops
My Feedback: (1)

go with the sportwerks .21 a very reliable and dependable engine.

the VZ-B is a good motor and is very reliable but will need to be rebuilt sooner. also still on the high side for dollars.

the RG is a very good motor but I think you will get a little more from the Sprotwerks engine. I race with a guy running one and he actually keeps close to the rest of the pack with it on the straight, the he just a good int he technical sections.

Bryan
Old 01-27-2005, 03:35 AM
tes19

the collari 7 port is an engine that rocks. around $240.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:59 AM
slapshot454

How bout a poll for engines under 200!!
Sportwerks .21
SH .21
OS Rg .21
gs .21
others
Old 01-27-2005, 12:12 PM
IslandSavage

I have a OSRG21 and i like it alot. It now a top-end engine, but it gets the job done on low end. I keep up with and beat alot of the higher priced engines..I almost bought a WS7II from a guy at the track cause he reccommended it so well and raced good with it. He and i went at it and my buggy stayed in front the whole time.... He was off in the straights, but i would reel him in in the turns and jumps.... The VSPEC will most likely be my next engine. To me its a RG21 with the TOP/LOW end... But dont forget, driving skills play a BIG role in it. I been against good/bad drivers, and my OSRG21 holds its own.....