Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

We never grow up eh?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 06:00 PM
thunder buggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We never grow up eh?

So my wife reckons I'm too old to be "playing about with toy cars" just because my 30th b/day is creeping up[&o]. I went to my lhs last week for some parts for my EB4 and my dad who is 56 and has never picked up a RC transmitter in his life came with me and walked out with a brand new Hyper PBS!! I know the 8 Port engines aren't loved around here but it's not like he's going to be wringing the life out of it and i seem to be in charge of cleaning/ maintenance duties so i'll make sure the thing's tuned a little on the rich side. I ran it in very carefully last week and checked it all over so we're off for some bashing tomorrow ( taking my son of course to keep the wife happy)

I thought i was bordering on the older side of this game but at least my dad has just bumped up the average age a bit . Shut the wife up for a while anyway[:'(]
Old 02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Carnutz68
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: We never grow up eh?

Yeah i know what you mean, my son is 30 and he got me into it...
Old 02-04-2005, 08:32 PM
scrapheep

You can grow old ... but you never have to grow up
Old 02-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Mrfranchize02

I'm 25 years old, and by looking at the scares and burns on my hands....I don't think I'm old enough yet!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:21 AM
monte100

i'm 30 on the 13th feb[] but i still managed to talk the other-half into getting me a new JPFX21 and in line pipe.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:58 AM
q8

monte i sell them at a great price
Old 02-05-2005, 07:40 AM
madmaniac

I am 15 years old(16 years in 3 weeks) and i have been into RC cars for 7 years AND i dont think i will ever grow up not when it comes to toys!
Old 02-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Chex

cool...my lhs owners are around 80-90 as far as i can tell - theyre always telling me stories about the war in Africa since they found out where I was from...I dont think you can be too old to rc

on the other hand, they hate rc cars...and only stock planes and helis though they do order parts and kits for me
Old 02-05-2005, 08:46 AM
RabidRacer

well im 13...........if that helps
Old 02-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Nutoris

well i am 23 and i have people coming on to me about playing with toys

all i have to say about that is if you pay over 300$ for it / it is no longer a toy

boys have toys grown men have hobbys lol

some times that shut's them up
Old 02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Carnutz68

My dad ask me why i wasted my money on my hobbies, he loved to hunt and fish so i told him he spends alot more on his hobby than i do. Humm he never said anything about it again...
Old 02-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Nutoris

lol that is how you get them and if it is a woman there hobby or like shose and pocket books like why the hell you need more then one ??

my girl has like 16 and god knows how many shoes so i say leave my hobby alone and i will leave yours alone
Old 02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
thunder buggy

Glad to see i'm i'm not the only oldie around here then. I agree that RC can be classed as toys but who said only kids can have toys?? I feel sorry for the people who don't have an hobby, I restarted in nitro after selling my motorbike after one too many near death experiences[X(] and the fear of an epileptic fit due to the constant blue flashing lights in my mirrors[8D].
Old 02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Nutoris

well all i have to say if you spend more then 300$ on somthing it is no longer a toy but a hobby if some one cant get it then fine i will call it a toy but if you can call a gas powered ar car a toy then so is the pc, game cube games , and car's if you have more then one and if you really want to get picky a Tv is a toy
Old 02-05-2005, 06:27 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

im 31 and i cant believe how addicting this is. i used to sit around and smoke grass and get drunk every day -ohh and play PS2 (which i still have) so i picked up a new habit and if you figure how much the courts got i think im way ahead and im proud of what i build and how good i do it. and im not sitting in jail. yes ive been there and done that, and then some but "WE ALL LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES" and i love this hobby. and i like to help others out.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:39 PM
bajan_dread

Im going on 29 this year and my kids arent allowed to breathe on my nitro, lol. [>:] They are mime, mine, allllll mine!
Old 02-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Hey, get your kids trained. Mine come out marshaling for me. Plus he now brings his Mini G.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:04 PM
scrapheep

WOW..I really do feel old now...still not grown up at all...just all you kids make me feel old.

Got my first RC when I was 37...no kids for me ...I refuse to share my toy money
Old 02-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Nutoris

you say you like to help people lol cool bring some grass and a rc car i need some one to trip with and race

Memphis
Old 02-05-2005, 10:44 PM
puffer

I'm 33 and just got into 1/8 scale nitro last year, and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm even looking at the possibility of a 1/5 scale FG Monster Truck or Beetle for bashing, and keep the buggy for racing. I'm trying to get all my "toys" lined up before the twins arrive this summer, and the real toy buying and bills begin!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:09 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

LOL @Nutoris
Im game as soon as im off probation in 1yr.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Carnutz68

Well at least with twins you can take advantage of the 2 for 1 specials, to bad RC cars dont sale that way...
CONGRATS
Old 02-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Nutoris

YO almost any time man i dont really like to leave memphis to last time i did i was in jail and know one knew were i was lol was there a month just be cuss there was a miss under standing

besides that it is hard to find a good person ot bash with and even if i do see some one with a car you know up in to the years they dont want hang.

dont want to sound gay but i think it is cuss of my color they think i am to stupit to know what the hell i am doing or about to rob them i try not to get to mad but it is a real *****

that is why i stop flying my plane i was learning how to fly (no one to teach me) and i was getting pretty good to and then some one called the cops saying i was there all day

(I AM AT A ****ING PARK) so i had to go never really found a good place to fly so i just put it up and now i am back on rc cars got my first gas car 1 weak ago (looking for some help tuning and braking in still none but i did get some tips on how to clean it yester day was my first day taking it all about and cleaning it

look back new [ul]

i put some oil in it some ather run oil i think i am going to put it up for like 2-4 months even tho i only had it for a weak but no one to hang with it is only just a rc10 gt plus

but i am thinking in 2-4 months getting the mammith just in kase i find some one to bash with
and if still nothing i think i will quit the hobby
well in tell my son is old enought to play with cars and he is only 3 months old lol so it well be a long time be for picking up again but i am trying just to find man 2 people
and if i can find more then that i can build a track in my back yard i have like 100 yards of unuse space
but only want to use like 50-60 yars of it
Old 02-06-2005, 01:13 PM
I_RACE_A_STORM_BUGGY

im 13 and iv been in it for around 4 years. Its not a hobby that is very family oriented. My parents usually drop me off at the race track. I love it but i spend way too much money on it.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Nutoris

i say it is a hobby even if they are people that like to watch it is like having a real big foot truck and you race then it takes you about 60-120 hours just to get it ready for a race it is a lot of work there is no way some one would do that if they didnt have love for there truck

and over years you still have the love for the game then it is your hobby you run out of time for almost any thing else al your free time is going to your hobby

good hobbys you can make money off of

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.