Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

this looks nice, how is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:26 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this looks nice, how is it?

http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...300&type=store

have any of you driven it? tell me how it is
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 AM
djray77
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: this looks nice, how is it?

All SHO NO GO!! ohh wait that means "Super High Output" its gotta be fast.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:41 AM
MBX5T Maniac

and what is that supposed to mean?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:55 AM
djray77

Read your sig
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 AM
MBX5T Maniac

so it sucks? what is bad about it? have you even driven it?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't need to drive a full scale Yugo or a Traxxas Rustler to know that they are POS.

The Sho is a rip off of another buggy but I can't remember which one, one of the budget ones I think. Why do you care? Haven't you ordered a Hyper PBS?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
b@5her

looks like its a copy of the prp swift to me buy with alloy instead of carbon fibre.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84032.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	262816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59401.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	262817  
Old 04-25-2005, 09:34 AM
dryvr

From the picture it looks like they used 4mm shock towers up front and the towers have plenty of mounting locations. That's good. I'm curious about the front shock springs and the gaps between the coils. Are they progressive rate springs? I'm not sure. It has pbs, better than king pin imo. Looks like it comes with a two stage air filter, that's good. Those rock guards do look familiar. Two seperate boxes for receiver and battery, good. The wing looks a little awkward to me, but props for trying something new. Looks like there's alum chassis braces, also good. I think I see a splash guard, good. Front and rear sway bars, good. The tread on the tires looks interesting. How does it handle? Is the engine strong? Is it a durable buggy? Do the servos need upgrading? I have no idea. That's all I have to say about that.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Personally I would stay away from anything thats not a mainstream brand as youll never find parts for it locally, and not at many online shops either.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:23 PM
dxm2

This buggy is made at the same factory as the Swift, but lacks some of the carbon fiber parts. I'm sure that it suffers many of the short commings the Swifts had. Take a look at this and other forums under PRP Swift or Swift to get the details. I have a Swift and I run it most weekends and I'm pretty sure I'd get something else if I were in the market again.

But, if you want something to learn all about buggys with, or if you want to find out which Mugen and Ofna and Kyosho parts can be made/modified to fit on this buggy, or if you want to have to order every single replacement part because your LHS doesn't carry them , then go for it! The price is right, and is a lot less than I paid for my Swift.

Does RDLogics list a parts page so you can actually get replacements?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:09 PM
MBX5T Maniac

okay, i saw that rcdriver has reviewed it. im pick up a copy of this months rc driver
Old 04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
MBX5T Maniac

come on, it's gonna be a while b4 i pick it upi. as in rc driver. some one here must have driven it!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:52 PM
midamericahobbies

MidAmerica Hobbies has sold several of these buggies. All of the customers have been very happy with these buggies. They seem to be extremely fast, and durable. About the only draw back we have seen is losing several screws. The parts don't seem to come lok-tited in. We carry a full line of parts for the buggies, but haven't really sold alot of parts left. They seem to hold up well.
The break in for these buggies is very interesting. You have to idle 3 tanks through. How many people can raise your hand and say your vehicle will idle for 3 full tanks, without having it totally load up on ya.
The buggies we have sold have started in about 2 pulls, from the time the full made it to the carb.
They seem to be extremely fast, with a good low end take off, and a nice high end.
RDLOGICS does not have the parts listed on the website yet, but we currently have all of the drawings, and part numbers.
At a price of 299.99 dollars, it isn't a XB8. but, when you have full adjustability, and the speed, all you have to do is keep it off the wall, and you will win.
If you have any other questions regarding these buggies, please do not hesitate writing us and asking at [email protected].
Thanks
Bill
Old 05-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, I might as well add, that since my first post, I have heard a few good things about them. Have to say I still wouldn't buy one myself though.

Can't deny they are a bargain, fully adjustable, lots of aluminium, etc...
Old 05-13-2005, 03:24 AM
j000sh

dxm, you said you have a swift, I also own this buggy and I am curious to why you would look at something else if u were in the market again, i run this buggy reguarly and i have had no problems what so-ever, it is quick, durable and reliable, the only think that i think it lacks is a decent pair of sevos, but upgrade those and I think that this is a kickass buggy and for the price it is its unbelievable...also have u installed any upgrades to it? Please let me know as i am interested in full upgrading my swift.

Cheers!

Josh
Old 05-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Oh wait till you feel the power of the Nanda .21. Oh hold on no you wont, coz the damn things have none and the price of a replacement pullstart is 1/3rd that of a complete mill. This copy of the swift is stronger than the original but I'd give it a wide birth, RDlogics are a good brand and I use their batteries and pipes. BUT this is a copy of an old design that wasn't really up to much in it's first incarnation. RDs choice to clone is along the lines of Schumachers Savage ripoff and the EXACT duplication of the MINI GIANT. Then there's that Bazooka thing, I could swear I've seen something like that before.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:48 PM
ronin8451

This is actually an updated version of the Swift Pro car with alloy towers and servo tray to keep the price down. RD Logics does have a parts listing online for these , it comes up after you click on the buggy link on the left of the screen . The parts are inexpensive and the cars seem to be much better quality than an Ofna MBX/Ultra or a Duratrax Axis for sure ! The Engines are Team Infinity engines made by Toki in Japan, same company that makes Fantom, Team Orion, and Tamiya's engines.

http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...egory=SHOparts