Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

mayhem air filter,oil it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mayhem air filter,oil it?

Well I was breaking in and reading directions it says to oil filter,,But I took it off to oil it,and it was already oiled.But this was the inside filter,,Theres a outer filter that goes over iner one,the directions said nothing about that filter so I did nothing to it,,Should I oil that as well?
Old 06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
NetMaster

Default RE: mayhem air filter,oil it?

You don't have to.

In dusty conditions I oil both, on more damp non-dusty tracks I don't.

Just make sure the inner foam is well oiled and makes a good seal with the motor.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:48 PM
bdgs1

Kind of same topic-on Mayhem what kind of trouble are people having getting everything to fit when installing body--seems to me if i'm not really careful I get air filter pushing down on throttle and/or brake linkage--etc etc---also what has been done on routing fuel lines around same problem---just wondering---
Old 06-04-2005, 04:55 PM
mziadeh
My Feedback: (1)

NetMaster is right if your going to be running in really dusty conditions you will want to oil the outer filter element. I personally use WD-40 to oil the outer element and use regular air filter oil for the inner element.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
ProfitOfDoom

bdgs1,Same here,body fits nice,,But its pushing the filter down on something,,,I didnt get it to run right with body on yet..But It seems to be tuned nice GOBS OF POWER AND SPEED,,,OMG,I LOVE IT
Old 06-04-2005, 07:54 PM
bdgs1

Well i have rerouted my fuel lines and now it seems that when the body is on it pushes the air filter down and forward and it seems to be causing the throttle/brake servo linkages to drag --when you pull body of the filter moves back and up---did this with borescope from work looking under body ---no fix just info--seems that there be something that could be done possibly with taller front or rear body mount pin--looks like either one would solve proble--course new body probaly simpler