Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

xtm buggies any good

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 04:34 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xtm buggies any good

do they make a good buggy? my search button is broken. was curious wanted to get a buggy and was looking at the xtm delux. i hadn't seen too many of them for sale so i figured either they are pretty good or no one wants them so they don't buy them
thanx
Old 07-24-2005, 05:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Default RE: xtm buggies any good

my x-t's pretty decent, it's been through hell.
no complaints, aside from i'm startin to get bored with it. had it for a little over a year now.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Muswagon

Dont buy the deluxe, as they are giving away the Xterm PRO for $189. The Deluxe would cost more, and, you dont have to deal with the crap radio you get with the deluxe.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:37 PM
PATchy

yeah they're good. my friend has one and its gnarly.

the only things that you might want to change are probably the stock shock towers on the original x-term.
they tend to bend real easily, and you might want to get rid of the pullstarter too, my friend has broken like 5.....
other than that, the xtm 24.7 motor screams and the deluxe x-term. is something you cant argue with, it comes with pretty much
every hop up available for the x-terminator . $379.99 is the going price for the deluxe but im sure you can find it even cheaper else where. i kinda like the x-terminators more than all of the ofna lx comps and mbx comps and all the comp things whatever...anyways the xterminators come with much better electronics that all ofnas, and the xtm's also come with better engines

if you buy an x-terminator, im sure you'll like it
Old 07-25-2005, 12:52 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

patchy, IMO the aluminum shock towers are the only way to go on the X-T.
I tried the CF ones (honestly, because of the eye candy factor) and they cracked within a few bashing sessions.
I've yet to bend an aluminum tower, and i beat the royal crap outta my term. lotta inverted landings and whatnot:P
if dadders makes different aluminum shock towers, i say try em out.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:26 AM
wyd

Like I have been told the X-Terminator Ppro buggy is very nice and can be raced. It lacks a few features the top level buggies have but you can beat the big high expense buggies if you can drive well and the other guys don't have their stuff setup well or drive bad. If everthing being equal drivers and cars all setup the best they can be the bigger dollar ones will shine and stand out some. For price and still have a car that you can race with especially on most local levels this car is actaully really nice.

I'm going to buy my old Pro back (guy never did run it other than a little more break in). My buddy bought the car and took the OS V-Spec out but I will get the car for 100 bucks or so and buy another V-OS V-Spec and OS pipe for the car and give it a try at the tracks a few times. If I really want or need more I only need a buggy and already have a booming motor and pipe with killer electronics in it.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
PATchy

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

patchy, IMO the aluminum shock towers are the only way to go on the X-T.
I tried the CF ones (honestly, because of the eye candy factor) and they cracked within a few bashing sessions.
I've yet to bend an aluminum tower, and i beat the royal crap outta my term. lotta inverted landings and whatnot:P
if dadders makes different aluminum shock towers, i say try em out.

really? my friend just had like a mild roll over and the shock tower was pretty bent, but which shock towers are you talking about, cause im talking about the ones that came on the very first x-terminator the greyish or titan colored ones. are you talking about the ones that come on the deluxe that are like 5mm thick? cause those are very durable. i saw this one guy go off a huge jump and landed upside down with the shock tower hitting the ground first and nothing happened to them......
Old 07-25-2005, 05:58 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yeah, i have the deluxe w/the blue CNC'd towers, not those wafer thin pieces of junk.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:14 AM
PATchy

yeah the deluxe comes with some awesome shock towers....super hard to bend. i take that back, im possible to bend!

at first i thought you were talking about the ones that came one the original x-terminator, those are a piece of crap
Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

a few of my beater Term...note the cracked CF front shock tower. waitin till it COMPLETELY goes till i replace it with the CNC one it came with.
gonna try to grab some action shots tomorrow

Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
wyd

Pics of my X-terminator Pro that I will be racing soon. I sold it but I'm buying it back since the new owner isn't going to ever run it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31527.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	301754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82526.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	301755  
Old 07-26-2005, 01:12 PM
PATchy

thats an awesome buggy wyd
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

you just HAD to show me up, didnt ya wyd[&:]

i love the paintjob dude
Old 07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
wyd

Thanks guys. Not trying to show anyone up. I respect all the effort it takes to have one of these cars. My neighbor paints for me but I will post pics one I have more more standard paint scheme that he does for my touring car. I little brighter overall.

Once I get my old car back tonight or tommorrow I'm going to see what all I want for it yet and then go to my shop as they have alot of stuff in stock for the car. Not going hog wild til I run it and see if is the least bit competitive. I don't expect it to be on top but mid pack in a field of 60 plus guys is acceptable to me since I normally run stadium truck offroad. Buggies are a whole other story.

Brian
Old 07-28-2005, 05:44 AM
stilllost

looks like i'm going to try and get the deluxe can care less about the radio i got a lynx 3d that i will use. just want he buggy and engine
Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

how's your V-spec? I keep hearin nothin but complaints on the forums, but everybody i KNOW that runs em loves em
Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
wyd

It rips. My neighbor ran it last weekend in his Mayhem and had monster power. It will get even better when it is used with the OS pipe made for that motor. All the big dogs in the area said the motor is killer and especially with the OS pipe. No complaints. I read most of the post and never pay much attention because I figure most of the guys have problems with everything they run. I saw guys that say stuff sucks and then I see them racing and I know why their stuff don't run right.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

junkie, i suggest a new body. that one is not too pretty.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:12 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

rustler, that one's beat to hell and back. I've got a clear one waitin for the black-and-gold-flames treatment like my AD2, but i'm gonna "downgrade" from the ACNCM head to a smaller stock head...less leverage to break engine mounts or engine mount ears
i'm known for inverted landings[&:]

BTW, if yer sayin that paintjob is ugly, i like it, so eat it
Old 07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

I have the pro buggy with a 24.7 pro and it keeps up with my brother k2 and he has a better motor and he is a little bit of a better driver then. BUt I can jump higher and do more things then he can because xtm buggies are as tuff as nails just my 2 cents.