Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

xray buggies

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:08 PM
markp10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xray buggies

i need some honest opinions on the xray xb8 and xb8r buggies...i was going to buy an xb8r for sure until i came across the hyper uk pro vs. xray xb8 thread were i saw some bad comments about the xb8 and how it breaks a lot

i don't want to buy something thats going to break often, i just finished fixing my brothers prp swift for like the hundrethbilliongajilion time[:@]!!

i still really like the xray xb8r and i was going to get it as my first buggy for racing and thats why i really need your honest opinion on the xray buggies

and if you have any other buggies in mind that would be great for starting to race with, please tell me

thanks,

mark
Old 08-06-2005, 05:33 PM
rwong21

Default RE: xray buggies

I like xray too. But is too expensive for me. I brought a Mayhem RTR. This buggies is really difficult to break something. I break some part but more of them is my fault. Take in mind to consider to buy a fail safe.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Engrose

The Jammin is a very good choice at an affordable price.

But I guess that you will not get disappointed with the Xray if you choose it.

You can't compare these higher end buggies with the low costs as the swift.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:51 PM
b@5her

the hyper7 pro uk is only available through CML distrobution in the uk ,its the highest spec hyper money can buy (over the counter anyway),if you were to import one to the us it would cost around $800 +shiping[&:] my personal opinion is that the pro uk in the uk is the better option but in the us its too close to call ,bearing in mind shipping charges(you guys have it easy with RC prices)
Old 08-06-2005, 06:43 PM
casper7

If the XB8 is too much, then look at the XB8r its not only cheaper but it's also a bit more forgiving in terms on knocks.

http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/viewforum.php?f=9

Also check the above link out.

PS I have had the Hyper 7 and it breaks just as much as any other buggy, I changed to the XB8 because I wanted something better in terms of dial ability and drive ability, I am much happier now I have the XB8

Mike
Old 08-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Super_Dave

Buggies only break when you crash them . Every 1/8 scale buggy out there is pretty much built like a tank. They take flips and rolls like nothing else out there and considering their weight they are tough as hell. If you land wrong with any monster truck from 5ft in the air you have a good chance of breaking a suspension arm. Theres an XB8 that someone has at my local track and the only time I saw him break something is when he nailed another buggy that was stopped on the straight away at 30mph and it broke a front suspension arm. Otherwise its as tough as any racer would ever need it to be.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:48 PM
PATchy

little stampy laid it all down for ya mark,

its all about the driver and things will break eventually as long as your careful with what you do
i own an xray, the xb8r and its awesome, i totally recommend one for a beginner racer and they hypers are pretty cool too
the kyosho mp777 (not the special) would be good too but xb8r is like a mid range between the mp777 and the sp1

the xb8r is better than the regular 777 but not better than the 777 sp1 (quality wise)

the xb8r has the same chassy as the xb8 the kyosho mp777 doesn't have the same chassy as the mp777 sp1

the xb8r comes with some pretty good hop ups already such as the hudy special steel drivetrain and adjustable turnbuckles and the cool blue graphite

the xb8r has the same shocks as the xb8 the kyosho mp777 comes with different not as good quality shocks as the mp777 sp1

but the kyosho mp777 comes with tires so thats a plus

patchy
Old 08-07-2005, 12:06 AM
dockman2

"and it broke a front suspension arm"

Actually it didnt even break the arm. It forced the arm back and the screw that holds the rear hinge pin brace pulled out of the diff case. A touch of CA and the screw threaded back in and all was well.
Not sure why people say the XB8 breaks a lot. Its as tough if not tougher than anything else out there. Like said above if you slam any of them around enough something will break.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:51 AM
q8

Ive had my XB8 Since Feb and i have been racing it on weekly basses and so far i didnt break a single part
Old 08-07-2005, 08:20 AM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

i had the XB8 and it does break more often than others. they also have chassis flex and it causes the bell to hit the chassis and spur gears to shread,& the turnbuckles broke so i had to put the K2 ones on.. it just costed me a LOT of cash and was a hard lesson to learn. not only that - i couldnt get it dialed? also i had a pit box full of parts cause most tracks i went to didnt have spares. since i have built a MUGEN MBX5 and its dialed and i havent broke 1 single part. i race EVERY wk. it has zero issues.........
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 AM
auto2

I recommend seeing what the top 10 racers have at your local track and get whatever it is.

all the top 3 or 4 buggys are more or less equal. what makes a winner is the driver and the knowledge to set it up at YOUR local track.
make friends with the top drivers- copy what they have- and then work on your driving and tuning .
Old 08-07-2005, 11:22 AM
casper7

ORIGINAL: zzman

i had the XB8 and it does break more often than others. they also have chassis flex and it causes the bell to hit the chassis and spur gears to shread,& the turnbuckles broke so i had to put the K2 ones on.. it just costed me a LOT of cash and was a hard lesson to learn. not only that - i couldnt get it dialed? also i had a pit box full of parts cause most tracks i went to didnt have spares. since i have built a MUGEN MBX5 and its dialed and i havent broke 1 single part. i race EVERY wk. it has zero issues.........
If you set it up correctly you will not suffer these problems, it take time and experience to ensure your set up is correct. The old saying "where fools rush in" or is that a song

Don't be put off a great buggy due to other peoples failures, mostly down to them and not the buggy[X(]

Mike
Old 08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
casper7

ORIGINAL: casper7

If you set it up correctly you will not suffer these problems, it take time and experience to ensure your set up is correct. The old saying "where fools rush in" or is that a song

Don't be put off a great buggy due to other peoples failures, mostly down to them and not the buggy[X(]

I could quote the sights at my track in terms of the Mugen breakages, but I won't as mostly driver error, you hit something hard and something is going to break.[&o] No buggy is indestructible that includes the Mugen

Mike
Old 08-07-2005, 02:32 PM
zzman

I KNEW SOME "GHOST" would not like my statement. like they say.......sometimes the truth HURTS!! [X(]i say it like it is and some dont like it---thats just life. i know how to tune a car and wheel one......ive had enough of them to know whats crap and whats good.im allowed to post my opinion if you dont agree then dont read it! my back is better know that i dont have to carry all those xgay parts around in my pit box
Old 08-07-2005, 02:47 PM
casper7

I KNEW SOME "GHOST" would not like my statement. like they say.......sometimes the truth HURTS!! [X(]i say it like it is and some dont like it---thats just life. i know how to tune a car and wheel one......ive had enough of them to know whats crap and whats good.im allowed to post my opinion if you dont agree then dont read it! my back is better know that i dont have to carry all those xgay parts around in my pit box
Just proves my point "just another childish response" no one said you can't have an opinion, and it looks like the truth just hurt you.

Never mind hey

Oh here are some ' ' ' ' as you don't seem able to put any into your text. LOL[sm=lol.gif] You could put them in your pit box now you have all that room insideLOL[sm=lol.gif]

Mike
Old 08-07-2005, 02:57 PM
PATchy

whatcha gonna do!! whatcha gonna do brother[sm=punching.gif]

dude...the hulk rocks lol
Old 08-07-2005, 08:01 PM
PATchy

will any of the proline crowd pleazer 2.0 bodies fit the xb8 without the throttle servo linkage hitting the side of the body?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Super_Dave

zzman you can't put a buggy down because you think it handled like crap. Any buggy has to fit someones driving style. I never liked my Hyper 7 buggy no matter what I did to it even when I got it handling loose and felt somewhat comfortable it still wasn't all there so I got the kyosho after I drove one and loved it from the first lap. I can't doubt any of your ability because I don't know what it is but maybe the reason why you were breaking stuff on the xb8 was because you didn't feel comfortable driving it and crashed more often .
Old 08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
zzman

crash........NOT.........breath on it ..might be better? i didnt "cut it down" it just sucks!!!!no it wasnt my "style" i have a LOT of money and this thing made me poor.....lol[>:] casper- i do have room now????? that the xgay is G O N E!!.......SUKA

plain and simple---------dont get SUKED in to the HYPE ----screw the xbjunk and get a real bug......X5
Old 08-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Super_Dave

Dude... you really need to calm down and accept defeat. Its alright if you don't like the buggy but that buggy is without a doubt one of the highest quality and best setup buggies with the stock settings and lap times don't lie.

On an off note if your really that good of a driver/tuner you can make ANYTHING run atleast decent laps whether you enjoy driving the buggy or not. So if your only going to BS than just shut your mouth.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
mbx5prospec

The XRAY just has a good marketing campaign. You can sell a turd if you market it right, Spring Steel, hmmm This Spring Steel seems to break alot, maybe it means spring up some cash I'm new, and you know how we newbies drive and the MBX5 doesn't break, therefore my TOTAL COST of OWNERSHIP ends up being a lot less!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:53 PM
PATchy

ORIGINAL: Little Stampy
one of the highest quality and best setup buggies with the stock settings and lap times
i second that, & i second that to all buggies

all buggies are awesome whether you like them or not and people have different opinions on all buggies
basically people say they own the best buggy and like to talk bs about other buggies

any good driver can turn any buggy into a winner even if they don't like the buggy

Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Super_Dave

they also have chassis flex and it causes the bell to hit the chassis and spur gears to shread
I would REALLY like to know how you get that much chassis flex?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:59 PM
zzman

uuuuuuhhhhhh? i did make it turn decent laps

when it actually finished a race??? when i owned a XGAY my middle name was D E F E A T! and i wont say it isnt "high quality" cause it is ----just not made w/ the right stuff. the arms broke easily, the chassis flex, the shock g-clip comes out, the turnbuckles break, the spur sheds teeth, the car speaks for its self!!! i dont even need to talk but , i was helping this guy out so he doesnt WASTE his money![:-]
Old 08-07-2005, 11:00 PM
dockman2

Yeah I agree! This is just sad that someone is going to trash a buggy because they couldnt get it setup and drive it. There is not a buggy out there that just breaks on its own. You have to crash into stuff before it breaks. Not that there is any thing wrong with the Mugen but maybe the reason you had better luck with it is that you learned how to drive and not hit stuff with the Xray. To sit there and call one of the best buggies out there trash is just stupid and takes any credibility you had and throws it out the window.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.