Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Oregon Hobby Shops

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM
fishboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon Hobby Shops

Hi guys,

I'm living in Newport Oregon. I'm currently looking for a new shop to spend my money at and am willing to drive as far as Portland or Eugene to pick up my fuel, glowplugs etc. I'm looking for a shop with good service and helpful staff.

There is a story behind why I'm looking for a new shop. There is a shop in a nearby city about an hour away. Nice and convenient. I run a Ofna Ultra at the moment and am fairly new to the hobby. I bought my first fuel from them, bought a bunch of glowplugs to get started and went on my merry way. About two weeks later I was having some minor issues tuning my ngine, so I took my car in and asked them if they had any advice. I wasn't asking that they tune it, jsut that they give me some pointers. Their reply to me was as follows "We don't deal in Ofna. We can't help you.". Basically they gave me the brush off. I explained that I just needed some pointers on tuning a nitro engine and met with more resistance and walked out of the store.

Basically I am now willing to drive up to hours each direction to pick up my fuel and glowplugs. Customer service is very important to me. If I take the time to go into the store and am going to pay inflated hobbyshop prices rather than buy online then I expect a certain level of courtesy etc. I'm not just going to fork over my cash.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good shop in Albany, Salem, Portland or Eugene. (Maybe even Lincoln City).

Thanks in advance

Old 08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Oregon Hobby Shops

Well, none in Albany... The shop you went to, was that RC Plus in Salem? They are the best in the area. I sure hope it wasn't them, or I will give someone there an earful. I know the owner, and I race with their team often! Trumps in Corvallis sucks... well I take that back, they just specialize in planes. If it was Eugene toy and hobby, I need to speak to someone there too... They help support our club!!! http://www.rcsupercross.com. Since it was only an hour away, I'm guessing it was Trumps.

Send me a PM, we need to hook up! I'll take you over to our track in Eugene. My brother lives in Lincoln City, and I have been trying to get him to let me build a track on his property - he's got like 10 acres. But our track in Eugene kicks serious butt. And we have some REALLY good racers (not me). One of our MT guys placed 4th in the Hank Perry 240, and up at the last race in Canby (RC Pro series) a club member placed 11th (3rd in B main). Our next club race is THIS Sunday! You are most welcome to come down then too!

Really, please let me know who it was that dis'd you - I know most everyone in the Mid Willamette valley now.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:40 PM
fishboy

LOL. You guessed right. It was Trumps in Corvallis.

I'll have to check the Salem store out.
So far I've just been bashing out here on the coast, but where I live everything is sand and it gets into everything. After my first few runs after breaking it in I ended up breaking it down and doing a complete cleaning and regreased most of it sealed the gearboxes.

I'll have to PM you about that track. I work most weekends, but can always swap shifts from time to time.

The link you posted took me to a web hosting company. Is there supposed to be a - or something in teh address?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Engrose

Try this instead:

http://www.rcsupercross.com

Old 08-09-2005, 06:33 PM
RCtruckRacer

Oops, sorry about the extra . (period)

I work at home, so I can go to the track anytime this week (and want to get some practice laps in before the race on Sunday), so let me know when you want to go!