Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

first 1/8 (not another one!!!!!!!!)

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

first 1/8 (not another one!!!!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
nitro125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first 1/8 (not another one!!!!!!!!)

im in the market for a 1/8 scale buggy and i dont want to spend more than 325-350 is there any type of buggy for this price range that would acully be worth the money and would not break evey time i try to jump it??????????????//

i was looking at and ofna ultra mbx pro with roto start if anyone has had this or heard about it please let me know because i would certainly like to know the pros and cons abvout this perticuler buggy thank u
Old 08-09-2005, 09:15 PM
that_guy_88

Default RE: first 1/8 (not another one!!!!!!!!)

I have one, great buggy for its price. I took it to my local hobby shop for a tune up and they said they were impressed by the performance of mine considering it is one of the cheapest buggies (they said it was surprisingly VERY quick). You might wanna change your steering servos when you get it (i still havent, it doesnt handle too bad though). Also, the radio is pretty cheap, and if it doesnt have a failsafe then get one right away cause its run off on me before. Also get a Motorsaver air filter for it. It's a solid buggy though I havent broken anything after about 20 total hours of usage. Only some screws came loose (the pullstart) and one on the turnbuckles..but i just put some threadlock screw sealant on them and it hasnt happened again yet. This buggy is FAST btw, so this is more than enough for a beginner. You might actually be surprised.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 PM
PATchy

there are a lot of ofna buggies in that price range that you can choose from

also the xtm x-terminator is like $319.99 at hobby people and you can probably find it even cheaper some where else
the kyosho inferno rtr buggies are also in your $ range

pick a goodie,

patchy
Old 08-09-2005, 09:54 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

the rdlogics is cool. i'd look into ebay.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Engrose

You can get the Ofna LX Comp. It's under 300$ and is very strong.

Stay away from the Kyosho Inferno rtr, it's not in the usual Kyosho quality.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:34 PM
nitro125

does anyone know how well the engine preforms???? and also if the body comes pre painted or not because i would like t o paint it myself
Old 08-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

You can also get the kit version, The Ultra lx comp was the cheapest I know, about $180, and the best is if you don't like the ofna engine, you can pick an engine you like and also the radio. I have the hyper kit ($239) and have the mach .26 ($120) and an M8 radio with hytech ultra torque for the steering($40)
Old 08-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Engrose

Where can you get a kit version of the LX Comp? I've never heard about that.

There is a kit from Ofna, the mbx r2, but that one is really old. The Comp versions of the MBX and LX are much newer and improved in a lot of important places.

The bodies on the rtr's are prepainted, but you can get an unpainted one.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:02 AM
MoJoe

Hyper 7 are much better than the LX
Old 08-11-2005, 08:31 AM
dryvr

If that's your price range and you want an ultra series buggy, I recommend an mbx comp. The suspension is more durable and adjustable on the mbx vs the ultra. If you just can't go over that price then get the lx. You can always upgrade the suspension later. I'm still not a big fan of the electric start on the mbx comp though. I'm sure you can remove it and use a starter box when it stops working. The 9.5 mbx is a step up from the ultra series so consider that too. Go to www.nitrohouse.com They're right next to ofna and have all the ofna buggies. They also have ofna unpainted bodies, engines, parts, etc. If you have any questions, just call them up. They're good people. Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:17 AM
vsnitro

The answer is NO, if all you have to spend is 300 bucks wait. Anything you buy would be junk. Wait and buy yourself a good kit buggy. Or if you want buy a cheap rtr and then buy a good kit buggy. The choice is yours. I bought the cheap rtr then the xray xb8. But you might need to learn that lesson also.