Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Mayhem....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:43 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mayhem....

I'm about to put in my order for a mayhem RTR buggy, but before i do i want to make sure i'm buying the best. So, is there any other rtr buggy better than this one? (Please give non-biased and non-fanboy answers).
Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Mayhem....

To be perfectly honest, I would suggest you save up just a bit more money and get an MBX-5 pro spec or the 777 sp2. In the end, you will be much happier. I also love my TTR S3, I think its darn near as good as the Mugen and the Kyosho, but it's what I own and I don't want to seem like a fanboy.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:48 PM
PillowPants

money isn't an issue really, but i just want an RTR. Are the ofna buggies any good? And is the best Ofna RTR as good as the mayhem RTR? Basiclly, Whats the best RTR buggy!?!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

only problem is the kit costs as much as the entire rtr. i say buy it, when you have a good amount of experience, you can buy a better kit, and you will have good radio and servos to drop into ur new kit. and you don't have to upgrade them. awesome, huh?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: rustler08

only problem is the kit costs as much as the entire rtr. i say buy it, when you have a good amount of experience, you can buy a better kit, and you will have good radio and servos to drop into ur new kit. and you don't have to upgrade them. awesome, huh?
Hey thats a pretty good idea. the only thing is, i'm not going to be racing, (my retarded track doesn't allow over .18's) so only really intense bashings. So i really don't need something that is designed for the track only.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:06 AM
schmidty

I would get the Hyper 7 TQ Sport, the US version is a kit but once you get all the stuff in it it will cost the same if not more as it is to get a RTR and put all that upgraded stuff in it just to make it function correctly and the hyper will be a way better buggy.
Here's what I have:
Hyper 7 TQ Sport kit $239 RB S7 $289 Airtronics MX-3 $100 Hitech mg645 $40 proline crime fighters $60 =$729
Here's what I had
Ultra LX Comp RTR $279 " " " " " " " " =$829
The Hyper 7 is way better than the Ultra LX Comp by far, and I'm sure it is that way with the mayhem buggy, I have not heard good things about parts support with the mayhem either. I don't think you'll have a good experience with the mayhem.
Just my two cents.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:08 AM
schmidty

Well if your track doesnt let you have anything over .18 then get other people into 1/8 scale so you can race.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:15 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: schmidty

Well if your track doesnt let you have anything over .18 then get other people into 1/8 scale so you can race.
Its because of the track size. Seems like your feathering the brake more than the throttle there...
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 AM
schmidty

A smaller track means a bigger challenge
Old 08-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Engrose

There isn't a simple answer to the question about which is the best rtr. It all depends upon what you're going to use it for and what you yourself prefer.

If you're not racing, then the Mayhem is a good rtr, but if you want to race then get a Jammin.

But why don't you want a kit?

Old 08-12-2005, 04:00 AM
kidswift

The JAMMIN sounds like a good idea. But you should probaly get what you can get parts for
Old 08-12-2005, 02:26 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: Engrose

There isn't a simple answer to the question about which is the best rtr. It all depends upon what you're going to use it for and what you yourself prefer.

If you're not racing, then the Mayhem is a good rtr, but if you want to race then get a Jammin.

because i'm afraid i'd never get around to do anything with it. School starts monday and football starts wednesday, so there is no way i would be able to do it during the week. I just want a good quality RTR so i can just fire it up and take off right out of the box.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

get the freakin mayhem. good radio and servo, and has a quality motor. when you want a kit( as long as its a car/;truck) you can transfer the radio and servos into any vehicle
Old 08-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

ORIGINAL: Engrose

because i'm afraid i'd never get around to do anything with it. School starts monday and football starts wednesday, so there is no way i would be able to do it during the week. I just want a good quality RTR so i can just fire it up and take off right out of the box.
Fair enough.

I'm sure that you will not be disappointed if you take the Mayhem. It seems that nearly everybody who has one is happy about it. And Rustler is right, it has good quality stuff overall and doesn't need a lot of upgrading from the beginning.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:29 PM
1CE

i got a mayhem, its been great but i dont know about the 100's of ofna buggies so i dont really know how it compares. Buggies are made for the track, if you cant use it for that i would suggest a truck, they are MUCH more fun to bash in my opinion. But on the other hand buggies are awsome at the track! If you end up going the truck rought get the savage!

just my 2cents

-1ce