Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Ok heres what its doing how can i fix it?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ok heres what its doing how can i fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Korn9898
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok heres what its doing how can i fix it?

just got done breaking in my buggy top speed is good , acceleration is good only thing is when i apply the brakes it wants to cut off if its held for few seconds do i need to adjust the idle screw or what?which way do i turn it?

Old 08-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Mrfranchize02

Default RE: Ok heres what its doing how can i fix it?

You are probably just loading up which means you need to lean it up a bit. Try turning the LSN clockwise 1/8 of an inch at a time, run the car up the street and back. Stop it and see how long it idles. Repeat this until you get a consistant idle. It should idle about 10-15 seconds before choking. Is that the LSN you have marked? That might be a MSN dont touch it until someone knows for sure.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:49 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok you turn the idle screw to the right. but in very small increment's. try turning a little then run for a bit and see how it is. if you need to do it again untill it idle's ok. and yes he has the needles marked correctly. p.s. what temps are you running.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Korn9898

running about 250 max temp wise
Old 08-13-2005, 07:07 PM
rwong21

Do what fourwheels0 say. I had the same problem and I can fix in this way. You need to turn the idle screw on the side in
to get 2 mm idle opening always.

Please see in the forum more detail
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...18/key_/tm.htm
post 435 to 440
Old 08-13-2005, 10:39 PM
MassiveMods

Man that is not the LSN as in your diagram, its the Mid range needle... the LSN in in the little thing you attach the servo horn to. the one with the blue castanet jacket..

First take off the air filter and check the gap at closed. it should be 1mm then re set your midrange needle to flush.

Ok if you want to tune the LSN start the engine , let it warm up on the block ( wheels off the ground)

Then pinch the fuel tube right at the carb... what happens ? it may take up to 30 seconds to die ? maybe 10 or 15 ? What needs to happen is the engine should rev up slightly then die over a 3 to 4 second period. this is good bottom end tune... then check this by taking a few laps, stop the car , let it idle for 10 secs then take off fast... it should just rip off the mark.. if it dies thenm you need to lean the lsn 1/16th at a time till its right..
Old 08-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Korn9898

sorry massive your wrong that is the LSN check the [link=http://www.ofna.com/pdf/eng-force25-26.pdf]MANUAL[/link] says part 52220 is the low end needle and on the diagram its right there on the end near the HSN i dont think this motor has a middle needle
Old 08-13-2005, 11:10 PM
MassiveMods

ORIGINAL: jondaviskorn

sorry massive your wrong that is the LSN check the [link=http://www.ofna.com/pdf/eng-force25-26.pdf]MANUAL[/link] says part 52220 is the low end needle and on the diagram its right there on the end near the HSN i dont think this motor has a middle needle
did you check the other side like i said, it should have this

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12006.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	309764