Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Jumping

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 12:03 PM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumping

HEy everyone.

I have a Smartech Buggy and a Ofna LX. But I canot seem to be able to land correctly. It seems that i always mess. So can u help land better.Thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 PM
CB1

Default RE: Jumping

if its skying hit the brakes if its nose diving gas it and a general rule let off before the jump.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
ThAtSgOtTaHuRt
My Feedback: (8)

EXACTLY! The best way to learn how to jump is to take your time - dont just go for all out speed. do moderate speed jumps that you can easily control and be comfortable with. the best way to jump is to make sure you stay on the throttle until the buggy is completely in the air (this will make the jump slightly nose high) then if your nose is pointing upward to much just tap the breaks or if it points toward the ground hit the gas. the goal is to land strait and nearly on all four wheels (but slightly toward the front OR rear wheels) Also actually turning the steering wheel can slightly change the direction of the buggy in the air - so you can straiten it up if it comes off sideways - but be sure not to land with the wheels turned as it will result in broken parts!

to sum up. try to land parallel to the jump and nearly on all four wheels. you can correctly the buggy by using gas, break, and steering.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:39 PM
EB4man

yeah, my first time jumping was a success. I was stoked to see my buggy fly for the 1st time!! I came up the the jump at like 3/4 throttle...nailed it at the bottom of the ramp and let off when I left the ramp...and nailed it again upon landing... I was like YEAH!!!
I only had to correct if I left the ramp offcenter...
Old 08-18-2005, 01:14 PM
GelatoTastesGood

But you have to be careful if you turn your wheels in the air because if you land a big jump with the wheels turned...you can easily strip the gears in a servo..(ive done it twice)