Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

should i buy and whats the diffrence??

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

should i buy and whats the diffrence??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:16 PM
sk8r8919
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i buy and whats the diffrence??

hey im new to bugggies but not to nitro r/c
OFNY LX Pro
-OFNA FORCE .25 big block engine pull-start
-adjustable threaded shock bodies
-3 sets of mounted tires (loose dirt, hardpack dirt, on-road slicks)
-Airtronics Blazer Sport radio and electronics
-Glow Starter
-fully working and VERY FAST except for the following 2 things:
-steering servo needs replacement, stripped gears
-front driveshaft needs replacement
-no body

some guy issellign that for 50 bucks. should i get it, and whats the difrence between the lx pro and the comp. can i use comp parts on the pro?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Korn9898

Default RE: should i buy and whats the diffrence??

i never buy used stuff from people cause unless you can see it before you buy , you never know what shape the stuff is in
Old 08-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Super_Dave

No Ofna force motor is fast let alone very fast . They usually don't last to long either because normal operating temp is about 270 degrees. The LX buggies are good for bashing and a starter who wants to get int 1/8 buggy racing otherwise if you want a serious racer the jammin X1, MP777, mugen MBX5, and XB8 are what you want. Its deffintaly worth $50 and he told you everything thats wrong with it. Only other thing you should be worried about are what kind of condition the diffs are in. Also threaded shocks only make the shock bodies weaker because they need to cut off material to make the threads but I've honestly never seen anyone break a shock body anyway.

I don't know if comp parts will fit on the pro. Ofna has so many different buggies and they all have parts that are either 2mm to short or to long to fit from one to the other.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Engrose

A lot of parts from the Comp can be used on the Pro (Not the front driveshafts though).

The Comp is updated in several places compared to the Pro. The fronttrack is wider, the fueltank bigger and the body is better designed.
But more important is that the suspension in general is tougher, the shock towers thicker, the driveshafts are stronger and the diffs have been updated.
The laydown steeringservo is a step in the wrong direction, but that seems to be the current fashion[:@]
The metal brake discs lasts longer than the fiber discs, but it seems that they doesn't brake as well.

If you want the body from the Comp instead of the Pro's, you'll need the bodypost from the comp as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
sk8r8919

this is just a basher buggy. i have no intentions to race it. i think i will go with it andj ust drive it around;