Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

force 25 and the force 26 the same?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

force 25 and the force 26 the same?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:53 PM
sk8r8919
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default force 25 and the force 26 the same?

hey, im lookign to get a ultra lx pro which comes with the 25. will the 26 fit in thier if i upgrade?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Super_Dave

Default RE: force 25 and the force 26 the same?

Don't get any force motors from ofna. They don't hold a tune, run hot, and I haven't seen one person who was happy with it after using it for about 2 gallons. For a little while the force .26 has decent power but it doesn't last long and it wont hold a tune for anything as well as being a little hard to tune. Depending on the size of your wallet for something cheap I would go with the O.S. .21 RG $110, Mach .26 $140, or Sportwerks .26 $140. ALl of these motors have low price tags and flat out scream for the money you payed for them and they are begginer friendly. Easy to tune and hold it well with only small adjustments from day to day depending on weather. Now if you want something that will really get your blood rushing something like an RB Concept WS7II for about $400 is more of what you want. Runs cool under typical running (210 to 220 degrees or so and about 240 race tune) with pleanty of power and deffinatly race worthy especially for an average joe whos not going to be in the pro class.

Edit: Ofna motors are ok for a first timer that comes in the buggy and the LX is a decent buggy by itself. If you do get the chance and the stock force motor is pretty much blown or close to it then your better off actually upgrading instead of getting another force motor .
Old 08-16-2005, 12:15 AM
sk8r8919

will those engies drop right in the ultra lx pro. i have a deal on a 26 for 15 at a local track im just wodnering if that 26 will drop right in to the lx pro. the pro comes with the 25. im egtting a rtr pro for 40 bucks with engine. i just need a fuel tank and drive shafts.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Korn9898

i just got the ultra mbx comp that came with the force 26 i can tell you it was a ***** to tune but once i got that down im loving it
Old 08-16-2005, 03:40 AM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: sk8r8919

will those engies drop right in the ultra lx pro. i have a deal on a 26 for 15 at a local track im just wodnering if that 26 will drop right in to the lx pro. the pro comes with the 25. im egtting a rtr pro for 40 bucks with engine. i just need a fuel tank and drive shafts.
Yes the .26 will fit straight into the LX Pro. The chassis on the LX Pro is the same as the LX Comp, and that one comes with the .26. Remember that you can't use the fueltank from the Comp on the Pro.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM
ThAtSgOtTaHuRt
My Feedback: (8)

The Force .26 is an econo-engine. Although I have had a couple of them and they all work great! If you just perform regular maintenance they will last multiple gallons. If you know how to tune you can get a long lifetime and good performance. The way I see it: buy a cheap engine so you dont feel so bad if you really beat the heck out of it. I had an Ofna buggy with the Force .26 in it - It lasted multiple gallons and by the time I had to buy a piston and sleeve, I just got a BRAND NEW Force .26 off e-bay for $60 instead! I got a little over 3 gallons out of my first .26, which isnt too bad taking into effect that I REALLY beat that engine to death and it RIPPED until its last tank. If you just maintain it and tune it rich it will last and still haul.

I will admit, its no where near as fast as a high end engine but with a good setup and correct gearing the engine will still push the buggy fast enough to do some damage.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:26 PM
sk8r8919

why run it rich? if its an abc engine rnning it rich will make it wear faster. Abc engines are meant to be run on the hot side so it doesnt wear down as fast. the cooller it is the tighter the compression and the faster your engine wears. so i will lean out my engine but not lean lean. you knwo im gonna tune it out. i had 11 gallonson my 2.5 and im still running it.