Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

K Factory Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K Factory Parts

Hey All -- I did a serch but didn't see where there are any U.S. distributors. Can anyone tell me where I can find Kyosho parts from K Factory? I am looking for the hinge pins for the MP 777. Or does some place like Racers-Edge have something similar?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 07:51 PM
cemeb4dk

Default RE: K Factory Parts

tower sells them, but you have to go under trinity. I am most positive stormer sells them to under K factory
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM
EB4man

I just recieved a newsletter from A-main Hobbies that they are now a Kyosho distributor and are stocking parts for the Kyo buggs.
I'm having a hard time trying to insert a link so ya'll are gonna have to do a search for it. Maybe they took Towers place, I heard that Tower is no longer deals with them and are selling whatever stock is left and thats it. A main is great!! Parts at my door in 3 days from accros the country!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:42 AM
slicks

Thanks for the info guys -- very helpful!

EB4man --- you heard correctly - Tower is out of the Kyosho business. Which is good for me as my lhs is now able to get Kyosho parts and beat the old Tower prices.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:41 AM
crusher1

Is this what you need? [link=http://www.kfactoryracing.com/index.jsp]K factory[/link]
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 AM
slicks

CRUSHER - yep that is it - but I wanted to find out where to buy their hinge pins with out going over seas to Taiwan or Hong Kong etc...

I did find where Racers-Edge carries the full set #K8034 and from the info CEMEB4DK gave me where Trinity markets individual sizes as well. My lhs does not like to special order items from over seas, and I can't blame them due to the large distributor order fee they have to shell out upfront so we (the lhs and I) have been searching other U.S. avenues for these items.

Thanks for everyones help - I appreciate it.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 PM
hord1080

I just bought their stuff directly from hong kong. Email them, they get back to you immediately with questions and shipping wasn't too bad, I think I paid 12 bucks with insurance. I bought the 777 hinge set, F and R chassis braces, the hardened wheel hubs with L and R threads and O-Ring nuts. Email them they told me there are some distributors too, and some items I saw on rcmushroom and dinball rc.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 PM
slicks

HORD1080 -- I looked on the K Factory site and didn't see where there was an avenue to place an order directly -- did I miss something?

I used to order stuff from dinball/rcmart but it took 2 weeks to get here -- I don't want to wait that long and don't want to pay the extr shipping to get it here faster. My lhs is looking in to the Trinity items for me to see if they can get them quickly.

What kind of wheel hubs did you get? I am not familiar with those.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Mrfranchize02

This is crazy! There has got to be thousands of 777 owners wanting these hing pins and can't get there hands on them. Some hobby shop in the US could be sitting on a gold mine if they get a few hundred of those sets in. I would probably pay $80 to $100 bucks for some. Im tired of eclips.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Kemo

E clips should be eliminated... they snap hella ez under little pressure.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
EB4man

Geez...I'm so glad I didn't get a Kyosho sorry guys...had to throw that one in....lol
Old 08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
hord1080

nah, i am glad i got the kyosho! parts are all over once again!!! The Hinge pins are 40 for the set, they are the best thing ever...you just put a flat head screwdriver on one end and screw on a blue alum. locknut, plus they are hardened steel. You can't buy direct off the site, I emailed them the email address is on their site, I think it is nicole from team magic. She is really friendly and answers emails right away, it took maybe 7 to 10 days hong kong insured air mail...and I sent payment through paypal securely.

I let her know they are missing the boat and her products are insanely well made eye candy and extremely functional. The hubs have reversed threads on one side so the wheel's rotation tightens the nut, plus the nuts have o-rings in the inside to grip.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:10 PM
slicks

I agree that the Kyosho parts are becoming avail - my lhs can get them no problem and at a good price too! RE: the hinge pins - my lhs is working on bringing in the Trininty product so I should have them soon.

HORD1080 -- you didn't say which Hong Kong vendor you went to - can you share the site name please?

Like I said earlier - Racers Edge has the full set for the 777 for approx. $53.00 - which doesn't sound too bad seeing as HORD1080 said he paid about $40 plus shipping. I was not going to get them for the wheel hubs - I have two buggies to get these pins for so I was only going to upgrade the inside pins at the shock tower -- trying to save some money as I have a son in college!