Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

anyone else missing parts from their Ofna kit?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

anyone else missing parts from their Ofna kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:16 PM
motohead279

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else missing parts from their Ofna kit?

Ok, ya know, before I bought my Hyper 7 pro I read a few posts on here that people had parts missing. The rear lower suspension arms are completely different than what they show in both manuals supplied with this kit. How hard is it to put the correct peices in the box. Now what pisses me off that I paid extra on freight to get it here by the weekend so I could take away some stress from my business, only to be SOL for this weekend.

I hope owning this car is not as much as a headache as its first impression. Even their official website shows different pics for the Hyper pro that what you actually get, as I realized when I called.

Since I live completely across the country (FL) from Nitro Hobbies and Ofna, hopefully they will next day these parts to me, considering i spent the extra money to get it quick. Either that or they will get their car back. They need to get their crap together.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Default RE: anyone else missing parts from their Ofna kit?

That thing happen to me before, when I receive the OB-4 nitro it have 3 front lower arm, and there is only one rear lower arm in it, but my mistake is I receive the package and sign it with the package open, I order this car as I remember from a hobby store in N.Y.
When I call them they told me to call the manufacturer but it's the hobby store's fault
as they were selling an open box as a full price. So what I did is take a deep breath,
go to ace hardware hobby as they have parts too so I just pick one than waiting for an action thru this hobby ship from N.Y. Probably you have a lhs near you carrying right away part that you need.
The ultra Gt I bought from ace, also another oB-4, and the hyper 7 recently, I don't have
parts problem, specially it's not an open box like before, I just don't remember if that was
BRUCKNER HOBBY or BROOKLYN HOBBY.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
motohead279

well, there is more than 1 peice missing. there are several annadized ball joints missing too... somethin highly unlikely this hobby shop is going to stock. The control arms were in there, but they are different ones, like from a different model. They dont even line up with the pins that connect it to gearbox, and the outside near the hub is completely different. I'll just have to call Monday.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

call ofna and they will most likely hook you up...
Old 08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ofna's web site suck's. i bought a mbx comp because on there web site it said it had front AND rear cva's. but i get the buggy and only front cva's plus the glow plug wire is sliced almost in half the electric start motor is only screwed in half way at an angle. i e-mailed them and guess what no responce. this is the second nitro (first one a titan ) i've got from them and both are very poorly built. never go by what is on there web site. if you can't see it in person don't buy it.[:@]
Old 08-20-2005, 08:58 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Just for the record...maybe the H7's suspension has changed since they took the pics for the box.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:49 PM
aznhustlerboy

ofna buggies are good and i have had a few troubles to my engines piston was like destroyed when i got it and they fixed for me only to find out when i got the fixed engine it was leakin so i had to fix it manually but when i got it running dang i loved the car the hyper buggies are good after yyou deal with the problems,
Old 08-21-2005, 02:26 AM
vortex_au

I've just built the Hobao Hyper 7 pro, and i'll say the instructions suck. I've built probly 10 or 15 kits in the past so I was able to work through it and get the beast going.

Ofna doesnt make the Hyper 7, Hobao does. Best bet is not to get angry at ofna, they're the middle man. Its more than likely that the parts bin was empty that day in china when the kit was put togeather.

Or you have the arms the wrong way around..
Old 08-21-2005, 02:30 AM
vortex_au

Oh, i'll add that I didnt have any missing parts, and actually had far too many left over bits..

To be specific, my kit was the Hobao Hyper 7 Pure Competition kit. And it looks nothing like the ofna pics
Old 08-21-2005, 05:01 PM
motohead279

I'll post some pics. I have found numerous pics of the correct kit on the web, and the peices are TOTALLY different. The ones I have don't even line up to fit. The Hyper 7 pro comes with upgraded parts, plus the regular parts. The purple annodized bracket that the rear lower control arm connects to, looks like the pro version of the rear suspension is missing.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:42 PM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

maybe this will hope.... it is a complete buildup of the h7 pro with TONS of pics....

http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/car/hoba...per7index.html
Old 08-21-2005, 08:55 PM
vortex_au

I used that when I built my kit, its handy because the supplied instructions are for a lower spec kit than the pro version.. Still, you must use some common sence when building - the kit is far from perfect I've built cars like the Xray T1 FK and Yokomo BD touring cars before (I race onroad tourers also) - they are the definition of a good kit! Easy instructions, everything fits perfectly and snugly.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:36 PM
motohead279

killer89, you are the man!! [link=http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/car/hobao/hyper7/hyper7build/hyper7step10.html]the top few pics[/link] are the peices I am missing, purple ball joints, and the lower suspension arms are totally different. That right there are the pics I see on the web and also what is shown in not only the regular manual, but also the upgraded parts manual.

and according to those instructions on that link the pro version is supposed to come with carbon fiber shock towers, which mine also didn't.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Da Smak
Banned

The "MISSING" parts you are refering to were STOPED 3 years ago. You should have the full length arms in which the lower upright hinge pin slides through. SO THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU WERE SUPPLIED. You have one of the later kits with the STRONGER lower rear arms. Be thankful and stop whining.

I know the books crap but where the ball ends are, just think of it as a solid section now.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:17 PM
motohead279

Be thankful and stop whining.

Uberchav Alex, you sir are a jackass. I have 2 seperate sets of directions, Ofna's website, plus other links to assembly on this car, and they all show different parts than mine. You think if they changed this 3 YEARS ago, they might possibly throw in an insert to the directions to let you know, instead of makiking you guess, especially since the arms, to make for the toe-in, are inserted crooked into the gearbox and bind?! If that's the way they are now, fine with me. Just inform the customer.

I'm trying to put this thing together right, not just sit here and guess, possibly break it running wrong parts, then have Ofna say "why did you run it knowing that you had wrong parts", especially when I overnighted this thing to get here by the weekend, and then not be able to run it because of unsure parts.

So STFU if you have anymore sarcastic comments.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:54 PM
vortex_au

motohead, those rear arms attaching to the gearbox really gave me a hard time, I ended up enlarging the hole in the soft alloy toe block very slightly to get the arms to fit, then I still needed to use a hammer to get the pin through. I hope I never need to take the pins out again..
Old 08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
motohead279

vortex, yeah it looks not very well thought out by the designers. the Arm actually sits in there crooked to make the toe in. Looks like they changed the design from the ball hub, which adjusted the toe-in, they got cheap so instad of spending the money to make new rear gear box peices, they just lenghtened the rear aluminum plate to make the arm sit in there crooked, viola... toe in.

BTW, the plastic spacers I need are still missing from the kit.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

moto, show me one 1/10 ST or buggy or 1/8 buggy that isn't a pivot ball suspension design that DOESN'T do that.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: motohead279

Be thankful and stop whining.

Uberchav Alex, you sir are a jackass.

So STFU if you have anymore sarcastic comments.
YOU have just lost the possibility of getting any help you would have ever needed with this buggy. AND don't call me SIR, I work for a living.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:21 PM
vortex_au

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

moto, show me one 1/10 ST or buggy or 1/8 buggy that isn't a pivot ball suspension design that DOESN'T do that.
Touring car makers get it right, why not the buggy makers?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

motohead, you could have heeded what i said earlier about a....
KIT UPDATE.

why didn't you just call Ofna about it?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

vortex, so i suppose ALL TCs have pivot balls huh?

since when did that happen?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
vortex_au

No, they dont use pivot balls.

I dont remember having to use a hammer to put in the rear hinge pins on my old Xray T1 FK, or my current Yokomo BD..Why should a 1/8th buggy need a hammer to put them in then?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:44 PM
motohead279

Thunderbird, not sure really. Used to be into electric R/C a ways back when I was younger, and like I said, am just getting back into this, but have owned cars from Schumacher, Kyosho, Tamyia, and HPI. But I have never seen before a suspension design that you actually have to force a pin through a suspension arm that is in crooked where the holes don't even line up. It looks like I tried to put peices on from a different car. If thats how they fit these days, then things have definately changed. Glad these guys don't design the motorcycles I race.

And Alex, after your sarcastic attitude I could really care less about your help. I was trying to figure out why not 1, but 2 manuals,that come with this are different, Ofna's site is different, plus every other link people posted are all different than what I received in this kit, and you have to come on here insulting me. Thank you sir, but your help is not wanted by me.

BTW, I asked Ofna why if 3 years ago the kit changed, no one could possible insert a peice of paper into the manual to let customers know of different parts. His reply, "They have been trying to, but they were having problems with their printer." And that is an exact quote.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:58 PM
motohead279

Thunderbird, just read your last post. Unfortunately Ofna was closed on the weekend when I got to the rear end of the car. I called first thing this morning to try to figure it out. I must have downloaded at least a dozen picture off of the web over the weekend to try to figure it out, but every shot I saw showed the same parts in the manual. I saw that the car they show on the Ofna website was differnt when I got the car, when I called Ofna they told me that the car on the website was the old model, that the new one was much better and came with a lot more options.

If they decide to change the car and it has different parts, then thats fine. At least let the customer know. Spacers are still missing anyways so I have to wait for them to arrive. And yes, Vortex is right, you have to force the pins in because the holes don't line up. When they changed the rear, looks like they decided not to make new cases, just lengthen the rear support to tilt the suspension arm in. It actually sits in there crooked.

They are sending me the missing spacers. First guy was going to ,ail them out, said they would be therein a week, thats all he could do. Called back, talked to someone else, said they would priority mail them to me, so hopefull should have the peices here before the weekend, and get the car running.

Ya know, the different design is not what bothered me, its the lack of communication that did. I'm not planning on getting serious into racing with this, as travelling with motocross takes up most of my free time. Just want something fun and reliable to fart around with. Just their attention to detail needs better attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.