Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hot stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 01:55 PM
marshon50
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot stuff

I can't get my engine to run cool. I've got a .21 OFna Delta Force 8P that is consistently in the 300-315 degree range when HSN is set for speed and power. Only when I go WAAAAYYYY rich can I bring the temps down to about 285 degrees. What's way rich? 'Bout 4 1/2 turns from fully closed, causing the engine to die on full throttle. I've got hoes for vents in the body, and a new clean air filter element. Any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:01 PM
HyperDrive

Default RE: Hot stuff

could be an air leak causing a lean effect. Try sealing the back plate and carb.
Give the hoes a rest too, just cause they got big holes it don't mean they cool the engine for ya! lol
Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: Hot stuff

lol hyper.

Yeah air leak anywhere can do that in fuel line, fuel filter, or the carb. Also try running a colder glow plug. Try an O.S. 8 or the Mccoy 9s and it should cool that thing down. My friend had the same problem with a force .26 and a colder plug helped instantly.

This would be a last resort but if you have to much compression it could cause that. Thats another problem with the force .26 motors they have to much compression giving them pre-igniton and it makes them run hot. If the plugs don't work and its still running that way try putting another head shim in there to get a little less compression. Make sure you get a few thin ones so you just make small adjustments if you do go that way.