Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Best fuel for a P5

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best fuel for a P5

My LHS sells mostly Traxxas fuel and other fuels geared towards bashing, so if anyone could recommend some good fuel and a nice online place to buy it, I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:18 AM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Best fuel for a P5

man the hazzerd prices for shipping are crazy your better driving or having the LSH order it for you- BYRONS , MAXYS, are great fuel just make sure it has at least 11% oil in it. i just switched to Byrons and it works great! 30% and the stock shimming is good....
Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
breakin2

Yeah, the shipping did have me worried. I think some places don't charge too much though.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
J_Bone

I would recommend either O'Donnells or Sidewinder 30%. Byrons runs a bit hotter than those but is still a good fuel to use also.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:47 PM
rolandh21

I would say anything that is 25 or higher would be fine. i use trinity fuel, the purple stuff, 25% i like it, but byrons is also very good.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
kidswift

I run BYRONS in my P5X and have had no problems thus far
Old 08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Giorgi50

What kind of measuring device can I use to measure one ounce excatly. I am adding some Klothz to my fuel, as I have a engine with a ceramic bearing. Is there a measuring device that measrures ounces excatly ? Say I have a quart, and I need to measure .8 ounces ? what should I do ?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

i use those medicine cups -like cough srup - it works great! i used it when i ran white lightning it only has 8% oil and i dont care what there modo is i use at least 11% oil. so id add 3oz per gal. or a shot glass (alcohol) is 1 oz as well, the medicine cups work great cause they have the lines on the side to tell ya exactly 1 oz....
Old 08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Giorgi50

SWEET !! Great idea !! Problem solved thanks to you !! Thanks Pete
Old 08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
plaidfish

Maxy's 25%.....you'll get more life out of the mill and you really can't see a performance drop....anyone that says they can is a friggin computer then
Old 07-28-2006, 03:06 PM
mberry

Hello GUY's QUESTION??? WHERE IN THE USA CAN A PERSON BUY MAXY'S FUEL???? THE WEB_SITE IS OFF-LINE AND ONLY SEE THIS PLACE IN THE UK THAT SELLS IT! HELP!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Revo Eater

Never heard of it. I use Odonell 20%. I used to use Traxxas. I'll never go back.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: mberry

Hello GUY's QUESTION??? WHERE IN THE USA CAN A PERSON BUY MAXY'S FUEL???? THE WEB_SITE IS OFF-LINE AND ONLY SEE THIS PLACE IN THE UK THAT SELLS IT! HELP!!!
Try here...[link=http://www.maxysfuel.com/]http://www.maxysfuel.com/[/link]
It's a good fuel too. A lot of guys have been switching to Maxy.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Nitrohouse

ORIGINAL: J_Bone

I would recommend either O'Donnells or Sidewinder 30%. Byrons runs a bit hotter than those but is still a good fuel to use also.
My friend(great to see you posting,been a while?), I have to disagree...I have tested almost litterally every fuel out there and both Sidewinder, and O'Donnell will run 15-25 degrees hotter than the Byrons (all tuned to the same power output, and you know I'm an expert at tuning) and even then the Byrons felt like it was making better power. Maxy's is very good and is my second choice...

No disrespect torwards Sidewinder and O'Donnell, this is just what my "real world" testing proved to me...
Old 07-28-2006, 04:25 PM
engineguru

I completely agree with that statement Nitrohouse. Byrons and WERKS are my top picks.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
mkincy

if you do buy fuel online, then buy 4 gallons at a time. the hazard fee is the same if you ship 4 gallons or 1 gallon. I use byrons 30%.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:58 PM
kx250ryder

Well, I don't actually run the P5, but for my OS RG I use Byrons Race 3000 (which is 30%). It ran better (cooler, more consistent) than the O'Donnell 30% that I tried, and not that it matters really, but it smells better when you run it too.

EDIT: Find some here:
http://www.byronfuels.com/pages/find_dealer.html

Make sure you call the place first, I was looking for some a while back in my area, and half the people that were listed didn't carry the blend I needed (Race 3000).
Old 07-29-2006, 09:53 AM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: Nitrohouse

ORIGINAL: J_Bone

My friend(great to see you posting,been a while?), I have to disagree...I have tested almost litterally every fuel out there and both Sidewinder, and O'Donnell will run 15-25 degrees hotter than the Byrons (all tuned to the same power output, and you know I'm an expert at tuning) and even then the Byrons felt like it was making better power. Maxy's is very good and is my second choice...

No disrespect torwards Sidewinder and O'Donnell, this is just what my "real world" testing proved to me...
Rob, what’s up?? When you coming back out again??
Ya, I was waiting to get attacked for those comments I made about a year ago, but I expected kx250 to do it!!!!
I do stand corrected on Byrons. I must have had a bad batch back then. When I tried it again it did run cooler over the O'Donnell's , not hot like I posted back then. I was getting longer run times with the Byrons over the O'Donnell's too. But I ended up liking Sidewinder the best. It ran maybe 5 degrees hotter than Byrons but I was getting longer run times with equal power. I started with Byrons and went to O’Donnell’s and ended up running Sidewinder after trying all 3 for a gallon, go figure….lol
I was just given another gallon of Byrons so I might have to run that again and see how it does again after running Sidewinder instead of running Sidewinder after.
My RB modded P5X just seemed to get faster and faster while running Sidewinder but it could be that it finally is broken in now.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:20 PM
kx250ryder

Wait, I wasn't attacking. I was just saying that I liked Byrons. I haven't tried Maxys, Sidewinder, Trinity fuels, or a couple others. I wouldn't be opposed to trying something else, that is just what I like so far.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Hincappe

& here comes fuelman.....