Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

If you could convert any buggy to electric what would it be?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

If you could convert any buggy to electric what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you could convert any buggy to electric what would it be?

I would like to just think of this as a future project for when I get a job. And I would like to know what you guys would like to see made into electric that was powered by maybe one or two novak brushless motors and ran on 14 cells. And it would be controlled by a spectrum radio to ensure no glitching. So would it be better to convert a rtr buggy and try to sell the stuff I wouldnt need or just buy a kit. Also building a buggy kit seems kind of scary at first but I do have some building experience because I basically rebuilt my electric rusty from the ground up so its not like I dont know the difference between an allen wrench and a screwdriver . So if you guys could reccomend some good buggies for conversion that would help because I dont know much about 1/8th scale buggies except that mugen seems like its doing good right now. Thanks in advance.

Just to make this clear though, this buggy would be used for 70% bashing and about 30% racing if I can find a track around here.

Also if your asking why am I going to do something like this, its because that the 1/8th buggy class is really popular and Ive always liked the look of buggies and that they are fire-breathing monsters when tuned right and have extreme power.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:50 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: If you could convert any buggy to electric what would it be?

try the mayhem. you would get the most money for selling the stuff, and from what i have heard, it's an awesome buggy.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:05 PM
EB4man

[quote]Also if your asking why am I going to do something like this, its because that the 1/8th buggy class is really popular and Ive always liked the look of buggies and that they are fire-breathing monsters when tuned right and have extreme power.

buggy class is popular....but you cant run electrics with them, they do look good....with the cooling head of the engine hanging out the body, they do breathe fire....but electrics cant do that. They do have extreme power, when you have a high end nitro engine. Unless you have plenty of money and time to waste....why bother. I like custom projects but for the cost of what you want to do... I'd rather dump 500 on an engine and 500 on a kit and go to town.. Nothing beats the sound and smell of a nitro. And no batteries to ever worry about..... gas and go !!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Engrose

I suppose that this is meant as a joke?

If you think that building a kit is scary, then how would you ever make something that you have to build and design yourself?
And you like the 1/8 buggies because of the thing that you will take away

But if you would do it, then you obviously should get a really good kit to start from. The total cost of such a project would make the price of the kit seem very small so just get the best.

And as EB4man said, you can't race an electric buggy!

Have you looked at the thread in this forum about studysessions electric hyper7 conversion?

Rustler08/IWillNeverGetABuggie try to think before you give advice!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
plaidfish

I don't think this would be very hard to do actually.....if you have no engine you can remove Tank/mill/pipe/TB Servo and RX pack....look at Kershaw designs stuff for inspiration on a motor mount setup and just mount your ESC in the Rx Box....should have enough room to lay some batt packs in there...I don't know about 14 cells but at least 10 cell saddle pack.....

why are so many people on this site so negative about new ideas???