Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OS RG .21???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:35 AM
plaidfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS RG .21???

I kept most of the buggies I've tried up til 2 months ago....I sold My MBX-5 and Mayhem......I still have 2 fully functioning buggies to play w/ now......and I won't go into the whole T-maxx upgraded beyond belief so I can't sell it now story.....it's hard to let go of something you spent time tweaking and seting up justright.....truth is you know once you get a top end buggy you won't want to go back and drive your OFNA again.....unless it's a Jammin of course...
Old 11-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Danno

It started out as a really good deal on one , then another guy had one for sale a week later with a whole b*ttload of spare parts ($200 worth) and a good picco .26 for $250 , then of course there`s ebay , so I ended up with enough parts for 3 buggies ! That`s why I`m still runnin` the Pro 1 cuz I`ll never run out of spare parts . Plus the thing still handles good and is built like a tank .
Old 11-30-2005, 01:50 AM
supralative

next seasons engine
going to break it in the next few days slicks and all are on it ready to get it done!!!!

Old 11-30-2005, 09:22 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Superlative,
Very nice!! Good job on your last win!
Is that an RG? If so, good choice on the pipe 086 (I alomost got that one, but got JP-2 instead) and I knoticed you even have an RPM adaptor. How's that working? I haven't tried one of those yet.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
supralative

i havent even tried the engine yet hehehe
i got to finish breaking it and get nice and smooth
i will post up and let you know

thanks
Old 12-03-2005, 12:49 AM
J_Bone

Well, I tried a little moding on my RG this past week.
After my last race the air filter fell off of the engine after the 6 minutes mark and didn't run to well and sucked in dirt. So as I took it apart to clean it up and noticed the piston and sleeve was still good.
So as I cleaned it out I got the bug to try to mod it since I have a brand new engine that still needs to be broken in.

I used a dremel tool with a carbide cutting bit, various grinding stones, rubber polishers and cloth polish bits with compound.

Well I got to tune it a bit today. After getting the HSN dialed in I finally got the LSN dialed after chasing the tune for a bit.
Once it was all figured out and running, I have to say I think I notice a big difference! IT seems to keep Revving a bit longer.
The true test will come Sunday and I get to run against other buggies and then I can gauge how much of a difference there is.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
plaidfish

ORIGINAL: J_Bone
Once it was all figured out and running, I have to say I think I notice a big difference! IT seems to keep Revving a bit longer.

Can I say it???
Can I?
HUH????
Old 12-05-2005, 02:31 PM
SManMTB

Mine revs like no tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Danno

Can I say it???
Can I?
HUH????

Why certainly , be my guest !
Old 12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
supralative

Just got it tuned out pretty decent. 11 minute run time on a tank if I push it abit. It has plenty of smooth bottom power, but it revs out too quick. I know its characteristic of the engine....but I might try a 14T clutch bell to see if I can get a bit more top out of it.

On the straight compared to my Hyper21 it would get pulled a little starting at the pit entrance...but I think I can make it work
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 AM
plaidfish

an OS runs like arse on a 13t CB...even stock.....14t AT LEAST....try 15 if you have a large straight on your track too.....it does eat the bottom end a lil more than I like but man it will fly when it can stretch it's legs...
Old 12-08-2005, 05:10 PM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: plaidfish

ORIGINAL: J_Bone

Can I say it???
Can I?
HUH????
LMAO.... I was waiting...

For my track......
I did the 14T clutch bell and it didn't come out of the corners good enough. I first tried the 14T CB while driving by myself on the track. It seemed good and I was digging it. Then I ran with a few guys and they were pulling from the get go and I didn't like it. By the time I got down the strait it was to late to make up any ground.
Then when I switched to a JP-2 pipe I noticed a big difference. Then with the mod it did seem to help a bit more and give it more fuel mileage. I was neck and neck with some P5's from corner to corner.
Well, I TQ'ed and won the "A" main so I fell good about how it's setup and running considering I beat a lot of $250 and above engines along the way.

Now the 14T clutchbell probably will work on other tracks....[:-]
Old 12-09-2005, 11:09 AM
plaidfish

Congrats on the win man.....I wish I could win an A main....I have the luck of running against a few pro drivers at my track.....it makes for some good races but I can't get into the top 3 even against these guys....kindof a real bummer sometimes when it's a whole A main of real seasoned drivers and me...I know where I'm coming in LOL.....

do yo urun a real tight track???
Not knocking your ability but the RG should snatch that 14t CB real quick.....
also what clutch setup??? with th RG i use a .95 and aluminum lightened shoes.......real hot ***** hole shot setup for he RG...you really can't use that on super high traction tracks but short of mud you shouldn't have that issue.....
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 AM
shnnshn
My Feedback: (-1)

I was hole-shotting everyone with the RG and an Ofna 086 pipe, Including $300 plus motors.(and that was at 220-230 degrees F.)
Old 12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
clone3

I have a rg and a v-spec. I run the rg at local weekend races with a jp-1 and jp2----If the tracks are real tight I run the jp1-if the the tracks are big and open I run the jp2. The jp1 also works great with a 14cb on large tracks. For under 110.00 the rg is good motor.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:27 PM
sonic27

When mounting the exhaust adapter to the rg engine are you guys doing it metal to metal or are you using high temp silicone? I just got my engine new in box and noticed it had no gasket for that.

Rippin it up!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
SManMTB

Metal to metal has been working fine for me.