Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Storm CL1 ,X1-CR or TTR S3

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 03:21 AM
na450r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storm CL1 ,X1-CR or TTR S3

What do do you guys think all 3 buggys offer good spares back up by LHS prices are all good
just cannot decide ,all Have something in them that I like Just cannot make up my mind
Unfortunatly can only buy one but one thing is for sure which ever one it is will run a sirio .21
what would you suggest!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 AM
q8

Default RE: Storm CL1 ,X1-CR or TTR S3

s3 need alote of hopups i didnt like the x1 the cl-1 is the best out of 3
Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 AM
eb4_boy

Only thing you need for the s3 is to double up the front shock tower and put the option steering slider and your all set. I would say the s3, and if you need set-up help just ask.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 AM
thopper

I would say the Jammin. It VERY tough, alot of spares. It needs nothing as far as upgrades even if you do not get the pro. I ave won many races as a sportsman driver with this buggy and have beat the you know what out of it.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:47 PM
ttr_dude

i would say the s3 great cars i love mine to bits best out of them lot
spares are easy too get hold of and cheap[8D]
Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Haulin bass

I would go with the CL-1 with that little rotating mass the bugger has to be quick.my only gripe with it is that its pivot ball instead of c hub.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Aerobirdbrain

I would go with the Jammin' because it is a real forgiving car to drive which makes it easier to make it do what you want. Plus it's tough as nails.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
ringneck

all these bugs are great ones i own a ttr and realy like it. its durable, easy to get parts for and handles very well. the parts including ttr hop up parts are very cheap to buy and are good quality. the only down fall to the ttr is it can be hard to find a good set up for on the rough and bumpy tracks. the stock rear springs are to soft i changed to the ttr black firm springs and now it handels great. ive really heard great things about the cl1 ive heard it handels rough tracks great and on power and off power steering is the best around. the down side to the cl1 right now would be lack of set up sheets to go off of. but they say the us. set up in the kit will get you around most tracks. you wont go wrong with any of the above buggies. but i say be a rebel and get the cl1
Old 10-24-2005, 07:56 PM
cfr7

I would suggest the TTR S3. In my experience it has the widest range of tuning options, as well as a very detailed setup manual explaining what each change will do. I have also noticed it to respond the most to setup changes. Compared to the Jammin i found it to be more nimble and easier to drive. The jammin is ok, it seems lazy in my opinion, but it is durable. i personally would not trust a GS buggy, it seems like they like to change them a lot and ive found that the parts availability is weak. Well i hope that helps out

chris
Old 10-25-2005, 03:15 AM
q8

ow if you want another option XB8R is great as well and the same price range
Old 10-26-2005, 12:09 AM
PATchy

yeah the xb8r is an awesome buggy, i was going to get one but i decided to get a kyosho 777, they're cheaper and its easier for me to get parts..i have nothing against xray and the xb8r, its just i don't like waiting to get parts when i have to buy them online, if i had a local hobby shop that sold xray products, i would have bought the xb8r for sure..

the gs cl-1 looks pretty good, marty corn and jeff guest drive them and they're doing well, looks like a very solid buggy and i really like the shocks.

the x1-cr is also a great buggy, i would have bought one if i had the money..the ttr-s3 has some new technology in it but it doesn't really seem to be working out, a lot of team racers have gotten rid of the delta chassy and switch to a regular flat chassy, and the front shock tower is pretty weak (i've heard this problem a lot)...but you can always buy an aftermarket shock tower and your ready to go.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:00 AM
xrichs

Jammin !!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:55 AM
na450r

I considered the XB8r when Istarted looking for all the optios available and was eliminated for lack of spares and availibilty.
it all boils down to the three mentioned there is an s3 and X1 running not yet a CL-1 . I have a Storm rtr plus but its time for a new kit for next year and being long in the game will buy a kit I like the building part .When I got the Storm only RTR and S2 availible stripped in down anyway and started from scratch. Spares for all three not a Problem .
Still dazzled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:45 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

I have been very happy with my TTR S3.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 AM
CHAVAN30
My Feedback: (2)

I JUST ORDERED THE JAMMIN'!!!!!!
I DROVE IT AND HAD TO HAVE ONE.
IT WILL BE HERE TUESDAY.
A WONDERFUL BUGGY...
Old 10-29-2005, 05:00 PM
everspeed

The CL-1 if you ask me. It's got the lowest COG of the three and is very stable. It's really good at sticking to the track, and not bouncing around so much on rough areas.