Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
 After All This Time I Finally Broke My Second Part (Almost) >

After All This Time I Finally Broke My Second Part (Almost)

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

After All This Time I Finally Broke My Second Part (Almost)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After All This Time I Finally Broke My Second Part (Almost)

I have owned my 9.5 Pro since May, and other than replacing half the car early on because the old owner was a retard, it has held up to the worst I could throw at it.

My first broken part was a shock shaft (may/june sometime). Well actually it bent. I got bored at the end of the day, and tried making our track triple into a five-tuple (or whatever that would be) by hitting the triple backwards wide open and landing in the double that would be before it. Well, I cased it out miserably with my right front suspension arm. Nothing bent/broke other than the shaft. Actually, I am still using it, I got some towels, and a hammer and beat it back straight. Oddly enough, it hasn't leaked since.

Yesterday, I was bored, and wanted to test my new charger and fuel filter (in pressure line) setup. So I was out running laps between my driveway and my neighbors which are connected by one side with the street, and the other with a little drop off slope paved with concrete. So it makes an oval. Well, a full size truck came by going down the road so I raced him (I lost). He must have enjoyed it, because he came back down the road again going the other way, so I drove out to chase him.

No, no, this isn't going where you thought, I didn't get hit by the truck. Instead, like the biggest goof in all of history, I raced down the driveway, and bbbbiiiiiinnnnngggggg, hit my neighbors steel mailbox pole. I laughed because I looked like the worst driver ever with all of the space I had, managing to make my neighbors mailbox ring like a bell. I assume the driver of the truck got an equal laugh.

Total damage:
- My battery pack shot out of the car (I never zip tie it to the flat pack bar, I just wedge it in, but I will now)
- I sheared off the two left side wing support screws (without the wing ever hitting anything??)
- An e-clip popped off the back of my right front hinge pin, allowing the right front arm to come loose and appear broken, but it wasnt!! thus the almost

So all in all, I lost an e-clip and sheared two screws. My 9.5 Pro never ceases to amaze me. It never breaks parts, it only shears screws. They are like perfect crumple zones. But after hitting that mailbox, I can see that if our backyard track had boards/pipes how we would probably break more often.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:00 PM

Default RE: After All This Time I Finally Broke My Second Part (Almost)

Nice......
Old 11-08-2005, 01:52 AM

Default RE: After All This Time I Finally Broke My Second Part (Almost)

Haha... that reminds me of when some old neighbor ran over my pro .15 nitro rustler when I first got into nitro. Just broke the right front a-arm and was back out annoying the hell out of him 5mins later.

These 1/8 scale buggies are built like tanks though and ofna always did have some strong suspension arms (aside from the jammin).