Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Inferno MP 7.5 and Mp 7.5 sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 04:09 AM
XtmSucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inferno MP 7.5 and Mp 7.5 sport

Ok guys before i get yelled at here....i did search and just cant seem to find what im looking for. I'm curious what parts from the Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5 fit the MP 7.5 sport? I'm wondering because i'm buying the sport at the end of this month as my first buggy. Not first nitro...just first buggy. I found Amainhobbies.com through you guys here but not sure what parts they have listed under the MP 7.5 can be carried over to the sport. Also i heard the chassis can be bent on the sport with some abuse? If this is true can someone post a link to a stonger chassis i can use? Also does anyone know where i can get shock shafts? i heard these break aswell. Or should i just buy 777 shocks sence parts for those would be easier had? I've wanted the Sport for awhile now! and i finally should have the cash for it aswell as back up parts and hop/ups. Is there anything else i should but besides the metal spur gear and the parts i mentioned?

Oh one more question.....any idea where i can get oneway bearings and pull starts for the stock motor?

Thanks a ton and sorry for the long post and if this has been posted before
Old 12-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Jay-r

Default RE: Inferno MP 7.5 and Mp 7.5 sport

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...ad.php?t=77168

Hi, you might wanna check out this thread from Radio Control Zone regarding the Inferno Sports/or Sports RTR, I'm still trying to look for another thread here in RCU but for the meantime check the link above it should be useful

I found this thread here in RCU regarding mods to the Inferno Sports RTR

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_13...tm.htm#1302297

This is a link regarding MODS or upgrades for your shocks:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 12-09-2005, 06:13 AM
XtmSucks

Thanks for the link. I just realised the there is different sports? a kit and the rtr or ready set. well the one i'm buting is the RTR or ready set.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:22 AM
XtmSucks

Also are these the braces i need?

http://www.racers-edge.com/store/cus...cat=438&page=1

or will those only work with the MP 7.5 kit and not the rtr?

heres the exact buggy i am purchasing http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/product...-P722C190.aspx

Thanks again....any links to parts that fit this car that i need/should buy would be very appreciated
Old 12-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Jay-r

ORIGINAL: XtmSucks

Thanks for the link. I just realised the there is different sports? a kit and the rtr or ready set. well the one i'm buting is the RTR or ready set.
Hi, as far as I know they're both the same. The Readyset or RTR just so happens to be built already. So definitely no problem for the parts.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:34 AM
Jay-r

Also are these the braces i need?

http://www.racers-edge.com/store/cus...cat=438&page=1

or will those only work with the MP 7.5 kit and not the rtr?

heres the exact buggy i am purchasing http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/product...-P722C190.aspx

Thanks again....any links to parts that fit this car that i need/should buy would be very appreciated
That's exactly what I have also, just so happens I still am not able to break-in mine yet, Till I finally move to Cali this coming February. Sorry I'm really not sure regarding the Braces. I'm pretty sure you know more than me regarding the hobby. I havent built a kit ever I've always stuck with RTR's[]

Sorry Bro.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:47 AM
XtmSucks

Thats all i have bought aswell. I've been into nitro for 5 years and for the last 3 i have focused on my Hpi Savage. Well i have that set now and its nearly indestructable but I've always liked this buggy....ever sence i saw it. So now its time to get it.....but i keep hearing i could bend the chassis if i take big jumps.....well my savage sees heights of 15ft+ on a daily basis. So i kinda want to make this buggy so it can take that. I know buggys are usually stronger then MTs but this whole chassis thing is kinda scareing me so i want to make sure i get the right braces so i dont bend the chassis. Also i'm totally lost on what parts will work on the RTR. The more i read on the forums the more lost i get. I hate "down" time so i'm going to pretty much order everything at once.

So basically the main things im looking for but cant seem to find for the life of me are.

Chassis braces that for sure fit the RTR
oneway bearings for the gx21 motor
pull starts for the motor
shock shafts or what shocks do you suggest i buy that are stronger

Also i notice on Amainhobbies.com they have the lower A-arms for the MP 7.5 will these fit the RTR?

Sorry guys but when it comes to buggys and what fits what....im completly lost.

Thanks again for anyhelp[8D]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Jay-r

Thats all i have bought aswell. I've been into nitro for 5 years and for the last 3 i have focused on my Hpi Savage. Well i have that set now and its nearly indestructable but I've always liked this buggy....ever sence i saw it. So now its time to get it.....but i keep hearing i could bend the chassis if i take big jumps.....well my savage sees heights of 15ft+ on a daily basis. So i kinda want to make this buggy so it can take that. I know buggys are usually stronger then MTs but this whole chassis thing is kinda scareing me so i want to make sure i get the right braces so i dont bend the chassis. Also i'm totally lost on what parts will work on the RTR. The more i read on the forums the more lost i get. I hate "down" time so i'm going to pretty much order everything at once.

So basically the main things im looking for but cant seem to find for the life of me are.

Chassis braces that for sure fit the RTR
oneway bearings for the gx21 motor
pull starts for the motor
shock shafts or what shocks do you suggest i buy that are stronger

Also i notice on Amainhobbies.com they have the lower A-arms for the MP 7.5 will these fit the RTR?

Sorry guys but when it comes to buggys and what fits what....im completly lost.

Thanks again for anyhelp[8D]
Hi, I will be completely honest. I bought my Inferno Sports RTR for $299 including shipping but after reading a lot of negative stuff regarding it in almost all RC forums I completely lost all interest with it even though I havent even started breaking-in or tuning the engine. I dont want to spend extra 200-300 dollars just to keep it at par with it's counterparts with other brands so I decided to buy a CEN Matrix for $400 which as of the moment has GREAT reviews RC Driver magazine and real world results in RACING and also by reviews of it's owners.
So IMHO I'd be checking out other RTR's out there which is not really that far more expensive than that of the Kyosho Sports.

Regards,
Jr.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 AM
SManMTB

All parts in the MP7.5 series of buggies will interchange.

There you have it.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
XtmSucks

Please tell me your not pulling my leg lolIf your being serious then i will be one very happy fellow. I did just now find chassis braces by fironi or however ya spell it and racers edge.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:29 AM
SManMTB

Please tell me your not pulling my leg lolIf your being serious then i will be one very happy fellow. I did just now find chassis braces by fironi or however ya spell it and racers edge.
I am not. It's the same series of buggy.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Jay-r

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
Racers edge has alot of great parts for all versions of the Kyosho.. they carry alot of other stuff also, like tires and wheels, and air filters.. and oils.. www.racers-edge.com

Anything from the 7.5 series cars will fit on the sports.. and the sports RTR.

As far as setup info.. and other kyosho specific stuff.. i go to www.sgrid.com go to the free conferences, and there is tons of factory guys, like Mark Pavidis, and others tha get on there.. and post info, and setups.. and there are lots of others like Paul King, from www.kingheadz.com who help with setup info, its pretty hard to navigate at first.. however.. once you get the hang of it.. that is the best site.. cuz you get answers from these guys almost immediately..

Hi XTM I'm sorry if I was beating around the bush, Yes SManTB is right they're interchangeable I found this on the RCZone link I gave you. By the way I still recommend you to look at other option RTR's for you.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
XtmSucks

Awesome! thanks a ton guys!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:41 AM
XtmSucks

Hey guys i know you said everything from the 7.5 series will work on the rtr but does this include this hop-up chassis? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=4146 I read some where that other things need to be changed aswell in order for this chassis to work with all the stock rtr parts? is this true?

Thanks again guys.....i cant wait to get this buggy.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 12-10-2005, 12:22 PM
SManMTB

Yes it will fit.

edit:
Honestly I think you are going the 'wrong' way in spending a TON on money to upgrade the MP7.5 RTR. I would get a used Kanai III roller in GOOD condition for $250 - $300 instead and be done with it.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:33 PM
XtmSucks

I'm getting this buggy because i can afford it. I cant afford to spend that much on a roller. Maybe some other time but not now. Like i said above....I've always liked this buggy. I dont intend to race. Atleast not for awhile sence the nearist race track is an hour drive away.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:20 AM
shnnshn
My Feedback: (-1)

I posted this on another forum but this was my experience with this particular buggy:

I don't know about the GS storm RTR, but the Kyosho, Avoid it like the plague...

unless you can get it for less than $250 or so I wouldn't buy it.

In the first 2 weeks this is what broke or stripped on mine:

Shocks(all four bound up within two heats/ medium to small jumps) $40-50 per set, need front and rear
pinion gears front and rear (theyre soft aluminum on the RTR) $12 times two.
rear wing ( very cheap brittle plastic ) $12-15
clutch spring $5.00
wheels (same plastic as the wing) $15-20

within first month:

both servos ( plastic gear steering servo ) $70-200 depending on quality
spur gear ( plastic also ) $30+

And Kyosho will not answer your e-mails about the quality, so don't bother trying. Think I convinced the shops here to not carry it anymore though.

on the good side:

Motor is a pretty decent motor, although to replace it with another brand, you will need engine mount - $15-30, and engine mount plates $10-15
Body is very durable

anyway my experience passed on to you... do what you will with it...

My recommendation would be the RD Logics SHO RTR, it's $300.00, and is basically a Mugen MBX-5 copy(including the high zoot carbon fiber stuff). It is has nearly $100.00 in Airtronics servos alone. There are guys running with anything out there with it right now, but I personnally don't have experience with it.

I also don't have experience with the CEN Matrix but I have heard it absolutely rocks(and it comes with a very good FM radio). The Kyosho 7.5 sports definately does not.

If you can find a used kanaii 7.5 on E-bay that is sold ready to run, I would do that. I was very happy with my 7.5 that wasn't the sport/readyset. they just cut so many corners on the sport that you will end up frustrated with "did not finishes" in races.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:22 AM
shnnshn

Hey guys i know you said everything from the 7.5 series will work on the rtr but does this include this hop-up chassis? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=4146 I read some where that other things need to be changed aswell in order for this chassis to work with all the stock rtr parts? is this true?

Thanks again guys.....i cant wait to get this buggy.[sm=bananahead.gif]
The RTR motor can not be mounted on a regular 7.5 chassis, only the RTR chassis due to the mounting holes.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:27 AM
XtmSucks

So if i swap chassis i need to get another motor and engine mounts.hmmmm ok this may just push me to buy a sts.28 sooner
Old 12-14-2005, 06:40 AM
XtmSucks

Thanks for the heads up but....

The gears in the diff i'm not worried about because they are being replaced with mugen.

Shocks will probably be replace after they break with K3 shocks.

About the wing....if you put them in boiling water for a few minutes it loosens them up and they become flexable.

Your prices on servos are way off. You can get a hitec 645mg for under $40 which is more then strong enough on a buggy sence it will move the savage without a problem.

Spur gear is under $30 not 30+ dont know where you get your parts.

My local hobby shop carrys Kyosho products which is why this buggy is getting a big push to me over the competition. The RD Logics sho does look like a nice buggy but geting parts is what i'm worried about....dont want to go through the crap i went through with XTM.

Plus I know a kid who races alot and against the pros and is on the verge of being signed with X-ray and even he said its a great beginners buggy. He also said you dont need a top dollar buggy to be competitive.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:22 AM
shnnshn

Hey, its your money, I'm just telling you what I had to replace on mine. Another guy at my track picked one up too and had basically the same problems.

its not the gears in the diff, but the pinion gear that mates with the diff, which cannot be switched with a mugen part, I tried.

as for the servos, 70-200 was for a throttle/brake and a steering together.

I'd just look for a good kyosho 7.5 used buggy that wasnt the RTR, I'm just giving you the benefit of my experience. I ended up buying a used 7.5 from a guy at my track that had a bunch of Racers edge parts on it and I ended up selling it for more than I paid for it.

I also found a new 7.5 non-rtr kit on E-bay for $150.00 and built a truggy out of it, there are ways to get a much better buggy than this kyosho RTR for the same price.

but like I said, it's your money. I'm driving a GS storm Pro now that I got with servos and a hyper 21 motor from a guy at my track for $100, there are deals like that everywhere. Now I just put my money into good engines and having a new set of tires every track day which will do more for your performance than one type of buggy or another. That and learning how to set up your buggy, which is hard with the kyosho RTR because the turnbuckles can only be adjusted by either vice grip, or taking the end loose at the hubs.