Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

1/8 ENGINE ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 ENGINE ADVICE

then what the heck is a motorcycle powered by? an engine. Mojoe is just a troll, dont fuel him.

This can fix a lot of problems in the forums: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/addr...g=tm&m=3921226
Old 02-16-2006, 11:36 PM
MoJoe

u mean this

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/addr...g=tm&m=3921568
Old 02-16-2006, 11:37 PM
MoJoe

ORIGINAL: Kemo

then what the heck is a motorcycle powered by? an engine.
Praise the Lord![8D]
Old 02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
BMCALLISTER

My bad mojoe is it hurting your ears?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:31 AM
MoJoe

c'mon fellas, dont get your knickers in a knot. i just clarified the situation for you with a one word sugestion. it was the others who where being anal about it. if you choose to still call Nitro Engines as motors then go for it.

alot of this has stemed from the sts thread. where the "sponsered" drivers said that they were faster than the JP's and alike. basically saying it will smoke anything out there. well a few weeks later, there is already one pissed of buyer who belived that propaganda. as a president once said "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

cheers joe
Old 02-17-2006, 02:57 AM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didn't read the STS thread & i don't believe the hype over most of the stuff talked about engines
i prefer to find out for myself or see first hand via people i race with

and as for fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

was that followed by Crazy Fool, I aint gettin on no plane, quit that jibber Jabber LOL
Old 02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
RockyMtnRevo

I bought an STS engine... I got the team version which is supposed to be the best. I got it to possibly be a backup to my RB's and have now decided to just keep using the Hyper .21 8 port as my backup and put the STS in a Revo for my daughter to play with. Also Mojoe for one time here I will now have to disagree with you on the OS Vspec... At my track last year 8 out of 10 people racing had the Vspec many of which had been racing for years. I showed up and started running my RB and was outrunning every Vspec there with my WS7II and once I got the C5BB it was even faster. Now the top 4 guys at the track have retired the Vspecs and 3 run the C5BB and 1 runs a WS7II. Don't get me wrong it's the driver that wins the races, but last year being my first year racing I did very well just because I had a very fast car. The veteran racers didn't like the fact that a rookie would reel them in and pass them down the straights, of course come to the corners they would then pass me but I did win several races last year just because I had the extra power to make up for the mistakes I made haha.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Kemo

The vspec is too slow and is really an unreliable engine. You can get better engines for that price... rb, nova, jp (not the jp edition vspec!). Definitely
Old 02-17-2006, 05:03 PM
MoJoe

ORIGINAL: Kemo

The vspec is too slow and is really an unreliable engine. You can get better engines for that price... rb, nova, jp (not the jp edition vspec!). Definitely
too slow for hara? mark pavadis? and many national champions and a-main finalists all around the world? i would say its 50% OS, 20%RB, 20%Nova/JP and 10%other over here. at my track people laugh at modders like dadders.

no offence. mods are just for newbies who are bashers and think modding it will make it faster. but everyone fast driver here just runs fast "stock" factory motors. not even our national champion runs mod motors. standard P5.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:19 PM
MoJoe

ORIGINAL: RockyMtnRevo
Also Mojoe for one time here I will now have to disagree with you on the OS Vspec... At my track last year 8 out of 10 people racing had the Vspec many of which had been racing for years. I showed up and started running my RB and was outrunning every Vspec there with my WS7II and once I got the C5BB it was even faster. Now the top 4 guys at the track have retired the Vspecs and 3 run the C5BB and 1 runs a WS7II. Don't get me wrong it's the driver that wins the races, but last year being my first year racing I did very well just because I had a very fast car. The veteran racers didn't like the fact that a rookie would reel them in and pass them down the straights, of course come to the corners they would then pass me but I did win several races last year just because I had the extra power to make up for the mistakes I made haha.

ok fair enough. is your track very very long straights like 150foot?

i used to have ws7 and that thing was like it had an extra gear when it got past 50foot. was great for the long straights, but i never really liked it for the short run ups for the doubles i had to clear at my track.

and i love the runtime the vspec has. 10minutes easy.

also alot of people over here ran vspec when it forst came out about 18months ago and it was the most popular engien by far. then alot of people switch to RB's and Novarossi and OS was few and far. Now most and alot more poeple here switch back to OS.